All reviewskingdom of dreamssec marketvery nice hotelrooms are cleanvalue for moneyfood jointsawesome hospitalityhotel is centrally locatedbusiness tripcomfortable stayshort staykeep up the good workbasic amenitiesmetro stationbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelcourteous staff
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Though we booked for few days,decided to check out after a day as we didn't feel comfortable.The breakfast spread was limited and the food which we ordered was not too our liking.But what struck us most that they were not keen to make guest comfortable and the rooms are very cramped.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
FernResidencyGurgaon, Director of Sales at The Fern Residency Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear Ms. Kabita

I am writing this in regards to the complaint which you have posted at TripAdvisor dated March 25th, 2016.First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused from our side regarding the services. Let me tell you Madam, your complaint has been considered and sent it to the concerning department. You are out of the valuable guest of ours and I assure you that soon you will get the positive response from our side. And I also appreciate that just because of you we have got the chance to improve our services to the elite level.

once again i am very sorry for what has happened during your stay in our hotel. we assure you that we will let you know once we have completed the investigation. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to having our relationship back to what it was during the check-in.

Sincerely Yours.

shatrughan@fernresidencygurgaon.com

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Please check the snacks and items kept in the Mini Bar immediately after you check in.You may be surprised that you may have to pay for items used by earlier guests or by the House keeping staff themselves.I have been visiting leading star hotels in all Metros of India and this was the most humiliating experience i ever had.Settled my final bill after staying for couple for days,which was a five digit amount.To my utter dismay and surprise the House keeping team came with some half eaten packet of Biscuit citing that it was consumed by me.I felt like someone was questioning my integrity for a meagre amount.I severely protested,but the bad experience still haunts.Would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or relatives.The Hotel staff needs to be taught the basics of 'Service Industry".Overall rating is POOR.

Room Tip: Not recommended.Poor hospitality
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
FernResidencyGurgaon, Director of Sales at The Fern Residency Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear Mr. Sukeshsukumaran,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of our housekeeping staff behavior that need training. It is a pleasure to announce that we have given training to our entire housekeeping department that how to behave with the guest. This incident was because of the smartness of previous staying guest. Please accept my sincere apology for the humiliation you faced.
In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained, trained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at-shatrughan@fernresidencygurgaon.com, if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved gestured hotel!
Best Regards

Reviewed 6 February 2016

We have been using The Fern Residency, Gurgaon for last couple of years for our groups/friends as well as our personal visits. Whether you are on a business trip/ Conference or on holiday, The Fern Residency is really an excellent place to stay.
Its a very clean Hotel, food is wonderful and the staff is very efficient and very polite.

Room Tip: In fece all the rooms are good but my choice is front facing rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Dear Sir

Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

All the best and see you soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed 30 January 2016

I recently (January 20-21 2016) had occasion to spend a day and more at this hotel in Gurgaon, the InfoTech belt in India's national capital region. It is tucked away in the 29th sector and not instantly identified even by local taxi cabs. On both occasions when I returned to the hotel I had to call up the reception and request them to guide the taxi driver. I think the trick is to mention that the hotel is part of a row of three overlooking the Gurgaon gymkhana. The hotel's address is just a door number and I think they need to add some more indicators to save guests the bother of finding it.
That said, maybe its privacy is an advantaged. With just around 40 rooms, the staff are quick to respond to any requests and room service is more than prompt. This is tagged as an environmentally sensitive hotel and in addition to normal 'green' initiatives, that are fairly common these days like not changing bed linen daily unless explicitly requested, the hotel has done away with all those vases of cut flowers in the lobby... a great gesture, if you like me, think flower look better in their beds.
The room is well equipped. I liked the long stone slab running along one wall which provides ample space if you want to work in the room. WiFi is free and while not blazingly fast is adequate to check you mail. I am guessing here but I think the hot water supply depends on solar panels and is possibly not backed by electricity all the time -- the bath water met the definition of warm -- just -- at most times. Well, maybe a small price to pay for being 'green'! All in all a quiet, calm experience.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Anand

I appreciate for your kind words and the time you took to share with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit. Be informed, that we have enhanced our visibility by putting more and bright hoarding and clear visibility at Google maps.

All the best and see you soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Hotel was very nice! Food was great! Nice rooms. Staff was very nice.....however, when leaving, we needed a taxi called for us and the man working at the front desk was quite rude and gave us a very hard time. It seemed like he was dealing with a taxi that just dropped other guests off and the taxi drove away and he accused us of send the taxi away, which we didn't(as we needed a ride to the airport). We were waiting for him to call a taxi for us and he kept giving us the run around and wouldn't call so I had to eventually ask if I needed to call our guide(who was no longer with us) to get him to call us a taxi. When I said this and told him who we had been travelling with, he finally called a taxi for us. We were very upset as we needed to get a ride to get to the airport on time but he made it very difficult for us to get help. We were a party of three females and I'm not sure if we would have been treated better if there was a male with us but that was the impression that he gave us. I know that this was not a fault of the hotel as everything else was great, in regards to our stay. Just wanted to mention this as maybe you could speak with this employee so that he doesn't treat any other guests as poorly as he treated us. This incident happened at around 11:30pm on Sunday, January 17th.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank mitchielisa

Dear Ms. Mitchielisa,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of our front office staff behavior that need training.

It is a pleasure to announce that we have given training to our entire hotel staff that how to behave and respond to the guest. As i have investigated the whole incident and i found that your booker has ensured us that he has booked taxi for you and we were waiting for that taxi only, but when it didn't reached till last moment than tried to arrange a taxi in shorter time frame.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you faced.

Best Regards