“Good for Business people”

Nahar's Heritage Hotel
Ranked #301 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed four nights during the business tour. Room is excellent, amenities is also Good. Good house keeping. Food also excellent. But breakfast buffet is very bad. Everyday repeating the same varieties. I couldn't find any changes in the breakfast buffet for four day's.

Apart from that every thing is fine. Location is one of the main advantage of this hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
NAHARHERITAGEHOTEL, General Manager at Nahar's Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Thanks For your review and encouragement, we will take care of Breakfast buffet and changed normly basic iteams we keep same and main dishes we change daily

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Positives - Location is excellent...you are right in the actual city. Getting to the happening spots is just a 10 minute walk. The hotel is clean and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was small but clean. To a traveler who has to spend just a night in comfort without spending a bomb, this is a good choice.

Negatives - The complimentary breakfast was very basic. Fruits weren't sweet and moreover, it was a veg restaurant (this was a big let down for me). The hotel in itself looks quite ordinary from the outside (I almost got put off looking at the hotel....looked so ordinary). The interiors (design of the hotel once you get in) is equally perplexing. I was thinking many IBIS would have been a better choice all the while!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2016

This is a vibrant hotel, it is clean, quiet, well appointed, comfortable. As a solo traveller, I felt secure. The food was good, the breakfast excellent, the water pressure in the shower could have been better, the AC worked, as did the TV and the wifi in the room was really good. Room service was efficient and I was happy with the range of restaurants on the property, there was a lift, the staff was professional and the location top notch.
What I find infuriating is how you are treated by some hotels according to which company you chose to reserve your room. I feel very strongly that if you, as a customer, are going to be held in contempt or treated unfairly or differently for booking through a particular company, then perhaps the hotels should rethink their association with that company. I booked through Cleartip. I was aware that my check in time was noon, I did mention that I was arriving early ( 9AM) I had no expectation of getting a room the minute I arrived, but my hope was to be in a room by 10:30.
I actually arrived before 7am. I was still happy to wait. I was initially told to come back at noon! I was never even offered a drop of water. I asked if there was some way to get me into a room by 10:30, I was told that an early check in was going to cost me more money since there were no rooms available ( were they going to build one?) I asked if I would then get a discount since I was checking out 2 days later at 5AM. That elicited a laugh. I explained that in my many months of travelling around India, I had never been asked to pay extra to get into my room a bit early. I want to emphasize that tired as I was, I was polite and patient and was willing to wait almost 4 hours for a room, hardly an early check in. I finally had to ask for a cup of coffee, a far cry from my experience in Mumbai at the Residency Fort hotel, where, busy as they were, they welcomed every weary traveller with drinks and snacks.
The manager at the Nahar called his manager a few times, mentioned Cleartrip and the rate that I was paying and finally magically, by 7:30AM I was in a lovely room.
I dont think customers should be penalized for trying to save money, and if hotels feel that certain rates and companies are a barrier to providing comfortable full service to their customers, they should not use those companies.
Once I was booked in, I had a very pleasant stay, but all customers should be welcomed with equal courtesy, not classism.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Almost everything about this hotel is good. Nice location, nicely claned rooms and washrooms. Clean the room daily, Prompt Service, Excellent complimentary breakfast. The thing they can improve is on the lighting of rooms, Bit dim for those who want to read. Dinner and Lunch can be avoided here and can be taken anywhere. Its not bad but you find better options nearby. stayed for 5 days and had no complaints about it.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Himanjai
Reviewed 27 January 2016

This hotel is really old and the rooms have not been renovated since a very long time.
However, I booked this through oyo app and got a pretty reasonable deal - so it was value for money. This hotel provides all basic amenities you would ask for - be it a in-room locker, iron, complimentary breakfast etc. The housekeeping and reception staff was helpful and polite.

Rooms were extremely dimly lit and definitely not sparkling clean. However, the price and the location did make up for some of it.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo