“Quirky fare in an exclusive salon ambience”
Review of Caperberry

Caperberry
Ranked #299 of 11,400 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Reviewed 17 March 2017

When you choose Caperberry at the entrance of their twin-restaurant complex (the other one is the famous Fava), that will not be the first choice you are expected to make! You will be ushered into an elite and exclusive salon with around 10 tables to choose from. We went there for lunch. Though we had only two men for company on another table, their voices carried over the sound-absorbing interiors. We were richer with their life story by the end of our lunch as we took in the loquaciousness of our unsolicited company! Nevertheless, we enjoyed the seating and the British-Raj type interiors with some oldie-goldie type photographs of anonymous characters of the past for decor.

To come to the food part, it is hard to pin down the cuisine when it comes to Chef Abhijit Saha's fare. It is a little bit of many things with a some quirky molecular gastronomy thrown in to wow you. But, then, I look for form (format, plating) and function (taste and other basics) and the balance between the two when I review a place. While I enjoyed their Tapas sampler though the shot glass of soft olive/cheese was something one needs to get used to especially the squishy olive/cheese feeling. Veg Gazpacho soup was great (both format and taste) though a bit sweet what with pineapple and all. The only entree we ordered was ample with a non-creamy risotto base. However, what detracted from the experience was faint egg smell. But they swore that they did not use egg for that dish. Dessert and Darjeeling tea rounded off our final course. Most of their desserts have a sponge cake base...We should have ordered their Tiramisu. Well!

Overall, I felt it was an excellent ambiance for a special meal. Food was in general delicious and quirky. They probably have a lopsided focus on format over the real thing. It reminded me of Nemisserie experience earlier. Both are sort of in a similar genre...

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant in ub city, food is very amazing here... will love to go back soon.Had few amazing tapas with wine really enjoyed a lot, thanks to veda aunty for taking us dere. ...

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Have to thank my friends Roberto and Vasundhara to give me an excellent experience of a memorable dinner here. Had the Veg Tasting Platter.
Words cannot describe about how amazing each dish turned out to be. Just make sure you're ready to shell out a BIG amount but then for very special occasions, you wouldn't mind visiting Caperberry at all.
Thank you team Caperberry. Spread across India please.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Dined here as a guest of the chef. Had a selection of dishes chosen by the hugely talented chef. We chose a Coastal Vegetarian theme and were provided with the most amazing dishes this was simply the best meal I have ever experienced in India.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I went to Caperberry a while back, loved the presentation and food quality. Simply made my day !
Had a few tapas, and then moved onto mains.
Good wine selection..