“We ate all our meals here - to good to go anywhere else!”
Review of Malabar House

Malabar House
Ranked #57 of 1,090 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We also stayed at the hotel and found after one meal that we wanted to try everything on the menu! And we were not disappointed. Lovely fresh food, beautifully presented, relaxed atmosphere and friendly attentive staff. Please give it a try when you are in Kochi. Our compliments to the kitchen!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

After traveling for a while we decided to go for a real nice dinner! but no- it was the worst food we had so far. The veggie tempura was ok. but then I had tuna, I got asked if I would like to have it medium or well done. Of course medium, but it came really well well done. totally dry... I asked for some sauce and got some cold tomato "stuff" not really a sauce. My father hat the king prawns, also very very dry. we tried the hot chocolate cake for dessert - which was okay, but nothing extraordinary - mine at home is a lot better... so really nothing special. Service - ok...they were friendly. I had a bottle of wine. In a restaurant of a Relais & Chateau Hotel I do expect to have also some wine service. But no, I even had to ask for a cooler for the white wine.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I visited this restaurant in April 2017 being day 41 of our cruise and for some reason my review at that time finished up in cyberspace as it was sent from my phone - rather than my PC. Anyway, this review is based on notes, receipts and our combined memory.
We stayed here a year earlier so planned this luncheon visit for old time sake. The food here is of good standard and great presentation but as before, the wait staff through inattention let the experience down. Two curries and a byariani rice, 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine incl tip was A$80 so value v food is fine.
If you come at night time, book a table in the courtyard as they have a wonderful trio playing on traditional Indian instruments.
As good as it gets in Kochi but the upstairs bar is missable.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I recently had dinner at the Malabar House which is a highly prized location and well known in Fort Kochi. The name Relais & Chateaux should alone stand for 5 star food and service. The food was delicious and really nice - with a twist of modern cuisine and being differnt - which is great. The service however was terrible and as a single female traveller you´re treated like the last person. Very last and remote table - slow and little service and not up to the hotels standards. The next day i had dinner at a differnt place which was not as fancy but wonderful service.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The setting of this restaurant was lovely. We went here expecting Indian fine dining and were very disappointed! Portions were exceptionally small and the flavours were nothing special. The waiting staff were very friendly as is the case in India but their standard of training was the worst we had in our 3 weeks in India! Our deserts were being served whilst there were still remnants of our starters left on the table! Value for money..it was the worst meal we had throughout our stay in Kochin.