“Wonderful Dinner Experience”
Review of Malabar House

Malabar House
Ranked #57 of 1,090 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2018

My partner and I had a delicious dinner here. The non-vegetarian trilogy of Indian curries was amazing, one of our favourite meals in Kerala so far, and the service was extremely warm and good. The ambiance was lovely. We would definitely come here again!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner ate here this evening and walked away very unhappy. It was our last evening in India (after 7 weeks of travelling)and we thought we would treat ourselves to a nice meal. We ordered the seared tuna and crab starters which we sent back to the kitchen. The fish was off and mushy and the avocado in the crab salad was brown. The chef explained it was because the avocado was cooked before being put in the salad - very strange I know. It was not fresh. The mains were ok but overpriced for what they were. We have had amazing food the whole way through India and this was the most expensive and probably worst food so far. To put the icing on the cake when we received the bill there was a bottle of water on there for 150 rupees - wow! not sure why this place is raved about in lonely planet and blogs online. Don't waste your money

1  Thank Bridget A
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Very good Keralan cooking with a modern twist. Delightful service and not prohibitively expensive. Definitely worth trying.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We also stayed at the hotel and found after one meal that we wanted to try everything on the menu! And we were not disappointed. Lovely fresh food, beautifully presented, relaxed atmosphere and friendly attentive staff. Please give it a try when you are in Kochi. Our compliments to the kitchen!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

After traveling for a while we decided to go for a real nice dinner! but no- it was the worst food we had so far. The veggie tempura was ok. but then I had tuna, I got asked if I would like to have it medium or well done. Of course medium, but it came really well well done. totally dry... I asked for some sauce and got some cold tomato "stuff" not really a sauce. My father hat the king prawns, also very very dry. we tried the hot chocolate cake for dessert - which was okay, but nothing extraordinary - mine at home is a lot better... so really nothing special. Service - ok...they were friendly. I had a bottle of wine. In a restaurant of a Relais & Chateau Hotel I do expect to have also some wine service. But no, I even had to ask for a cooler for the white wine.