“Delicious Cooking Class!”

Maria's South Indian Cooking Class
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We booked an afternoon cooking class for our group of 4 people after reading the reviews on here and highly recommend it! Maria was very prompt in replying to us and flexible in letting us choose what we wanted to cook, we just had to message her the day before with what we had chosen so she could buy the ingredients.
When we arrived we were greeted warmly by Maria and her husband. We met another couple as well who were joining our lesson, the more the merrier!
Maria had already prepared all the vegetables which were laid out on the table ready for us to start cooking. She took us through all the spices and explained in great detail about each one, lots of detail which I had never thought about before.
The actual cooking of the food didn't take long and we were able to take turns making each dish. The final result was delicious and definitely enough for the 6 of us with some to spare!
We chose to make Mutter Paneer, Tawa Veg Stir Fry, Dal Fry, Tamarind Coconut Chutney and we paid a little extra on request to make Gulab James for dessert.
Maria allowed us to look through her recipe book at the end and has sent me some of the recipes I really wanted to make but didn't have time with the offer to email if I had any questions about the recipes.
Overall it was a great experience, with delicious food and a lovely teacher, and well worth the price! Thank you Maria!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I could learn lots of basic Indian cuisine and about how to use spices. Also she gave us lots of useful tips with other ingredients. I can't wait to cook with those recipes again!

It was so warm and sweet time with Maria and her family :) Thanks a lot! xx from Japan

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a morning class with Maria as we were due to fly out that day. Not only did I learn about Southern Cuisine, I was so surprised with Maria's knowledge about foods being included in certain dishes due to their health benefits! She was so lovely and welcoming, and went out of her way to prep some foods beforehand due to our time constraint. We made some delicious vegetarian recipes and a chutney which was out of this world! She even gave me extra recipes on other foods that I loved and was apologetic that we didn't get to cook with fish as it wasn't fresh enough from the markets and didn't meet her standards (I love her passion for fresh local food). I highly recommend a cooking class with her!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Maria and her family were extremely welcoming of us into their home for the evening. Everyone was so friendly and we felt at home at once. Before cooking, we learnt all about the different spices which was so interesting! Maria is such a talented woman and explains everything so clearly! We cooked 4 different dishes in the time we were there, all so different but so amazing to eat. I can't wait to try cooking these again at home after an evening with Maria's expert advice! Amazing value for money and a must for anyone in Kochi!

1  Thank rebeccamorgan24
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Maria's cooking class was brilliant. She was really knowledgeable about the food and we really learnt the fundamental aspects of South Indian cooking. The food we made was absolutely amazing and we were surprised we made it. Would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank GeorgeMiller9