It happens in other socialist countries I have visited too. The bathroom light near the shower does not turn off. No switch. Now suppose you were a very pretty lady and had a shower. Wonderful blackmail opportunity for hotel staff and associated police. or suppose you were a man and entertained a lady. It does not matter about the law, every night police come to EVERY 2 star and above hotel to search opportunities. $10,000 is going rate according to widespread gossip in Kovalam where I have been in tourist area for last 8 months.
Anyway this hotel will not negotiateon price and charge me Rs 2800 per night for double room. Nothing whatsoever special about room except of course cleaned with the usual rat poison and god knows what to kill all insects when ordinary Indian hotels have for decades just used water and does better job.
I walk out to post letter and find 3 other hotels within 5 minutes walk at Rs 900, Rs 1050 and Rs 1100, double room, no restriction on occupants.Friendlier staff, of course they too will happily report you to police without telling you, but this is Indians today, what do you expect, niceness?
Service here absolutely appalling, but this is modern India what do you expect? I will not bore you with details.
Shower does not work even though I specifically asked before paying whether they had a shower. They answered truthfullly that room had shower.
I ask for refund so I can walk 2 minutes away and get nicer hotel 70% cheaper. Or can they give me discount. Typical modern Indian response: total lies., rubbish otherwise. Anyway guess what, answer was "NO" plus assorted lies.
In India, you are advised mostly, not always to avoid using hotel wifi. "free" yes. But what these modern techy guys in the police dept can do to your tablet/pc. eg, I was at best hotel in Ukraine 2 months ago, bugs crawling all over my computer screen was their idea of fun, Or hotel in Bangalore 2 weeks ago (Pigeon Int), pics of men with halloween face masks, my web pages going down, new ones opening up, ads which you should not open,.
They now have my debit card details, They can gave tremendous fun with that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residency Tower is 4 Star Classified Business Hotel. It has all facilities apt for a business traveler.There are 63 well appointed rooms.The facility Includes Centrally Air conditioned rooms, Electronic safes, Satellite LCD Television,Direct Dial, Running Hot & Cold water, 24 Hr Room Service, Wi fi , Swimming Pool , Fitness center, Business Center, Doctor on Call, Board Room, Banquet Hall & meeting rooms, Multi cuisine restaurant, Specialty North Indian Restaurant etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Residency Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residency Hotel Thiruvananthapuram Trivandrum
- The Residency Tower Kerala/Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India