“Do you know why the bathroom light does not turn off in this vastly overpriced hotel?”

The Residency Tower
Reviewed 16 October 2017

It happens in other socialist countries I have visited too. The bathroom light near the shower does not turn off. No switch. Now suppose you were a very pretty lady and had a shower. Wonderful blackmail opportunity for hotel staff and associated police. or suppose you were a man and entertained a lady. It does not matter about the law, every night police come to EVERY 2 star and above hotel to search opportunities. $10,000 is going rate according to widespread gossip in Kovalam where I have been in tourist area for last 8 months.
Anyway this hotel will not negotiateon price and charge me Rs 2800 per night for double room. Nothing whatsoever special about room except of course cleaned with the usual rat poison and god knows what to kill all insects when ordinary Indian hotels have for decades just used water and does better job.
I walk out to post letter and find 3 other hotels within 5 minutes walk at Rs 900, Rs 1050 and Rs 1100, double room, no restriction on occupants.Friendlier staff, of course they too will happily report you to police without telling you, but this is Indians today, what do you expect, niceness?
Service here absolutely appalling, but this is modern India what do you expect? I will not bore you with details.
Shower does not work even though I specifically asked before paying whether they had a shower. They answered truthfullly that room had shower.
I ask for refund so I can walk 2 minutes away and get nicer hotel 70% cheaper. Or can they give me discount. Typical modern Indian response: total lies., rubbish otherwise. Anyway guess what, answer was "NO" plus assorted lies.
In India, you are advised mostly, not always to avoid using hotel wifi. "free" yes. But what these modern techy guys in the police dept can do to your tablet/pc. eg, I was at best hotel in Ukraine 2 months ago, bugs crawling all over my computer screen was their idea of fun, Or hotel in Bangalore 2 weeks ago (Pigeon Int), pics of men with halloween face masks, my web pages going down, new ones opening up, ads which you should not open,.
They now have my debit card details, They can gave tremendous fun with that.

Room Tip: walk 2 mins down the road
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest

I thank you for posting your detailed feedback on Trip Advisor . But it looks your imagination is beyond reality.

It was a surprise to know that you could not locate the switch to put off the light in the shower. Anyways i can guarantee that we have switches for all lights and being a 4 Star Gov Classified hotel we have no such intentions of having any hidden cameras inside bathrooms and rooms. The hotel has CCTV surveillance cameras on all public areas for safety & security purpose only.

It looks you had some weird experience in some cheap hotels and that’s why you are wrongly comparing us with them. You were lucky to get the room for INR 2800 as being non business day. Otherwise on normal business days you would be closely paying INR 5000 for the room.

I have checked the hotels that you stayed and mentioned in your feedback they are really cheap places where your fantasies are bound to happen. But i can assure you in good 4 Star & 5 Star hotels such activities don’t normally happen.

With Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here for 2 days on an Exam trip. Location is great. Rooms are comfortable, adequate furnitures, Bathroom good, but smoke smell was there . Food was not good, Breakfast was average. Rooftop Punjabi Restaurant was great. Hotel staffs are cordial. Overall nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to know that your stay was comfortable but have noted your remarks that the food did not meet your expectations also the smoke smell in the room was not welcoming.

I have briefed my team on the issues highlighted and we are taking immediate corrective measures so that it does not happen in mere future.

On behalf of my team kindly accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

A good hotel to stay at Trivandrum. Excellent location, well maintained rooms, courteous and helpful staff, valet parking, rooftop swimming pool on 8th floor, excellent breakfast and a Bar, which is hard to find in Kerala nowadays. Overall it was a good experience and will definitely recommend this hotel for anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you have strongly recommended our hotel “The Residency Tower” Trivandrum after experiencing our good hospitality on Trip Advisor. I assure you that we will never let others change your opinion about us.

I feel proud to know that you also felt our services were good & professional. I will definitely share your kind words of appreciation to my team who made your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The rooms were neat and house keeping department did an excellent job. The buffet lunch was good. Good ambience. Overall a peaceful.stay. looking forward to visit the hotel in near future. The general manager Mr. Tilak is a down to earth person.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at “The Residency Tower” Trivandrum and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting your positive feedback marking us with a 5 Star rating on Trip Advisor.

I feel proud to know that you liked our food and the upkeep of the hotel. I shall surely compliment your kind appreciation to the Executive Housekeeper and the Executive Chef.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

One of most memorable stay at Trivandrum. The hotel is located near to Trivandrum Central railway station. It is equipped with luxurious amenities and providing the best service.All staffs - gate securities, bell boys​, housekeeping staffs, front office staffs... are very friendly. Breakfast buffet is having quite a lot of verities and it tastes good (loved the softest French toast). Enjoyed the rooftop pool. Worthy stay there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay at “The Residency Tower” and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting a positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

I feel proud to know that you liked our friendly service. I will definitely share your kind words of appreciation to all my team members who made your stay comfortable.

Our hotels good food and strategic location and accessibility is a key factor for all visitors to choose us as their destination. The Residency Breakfast is always a delight for the town being the best. The roof top pool is the utmost luxury for the residents for its privacy and being on the 11th Floor of the hotel you get a feel that you are on top of the world.