Uday Suites(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
US$43
US$40
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
US$96
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
US$75
US$60
Agoda.com
Treebo Adrak(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
US$44
US$23
Vakkom Palazzo(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
US$21
US$19
Hotel Prathiba Heritage(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))(Great Value!)
US$14
US$11
Priceline
Hycinth By Sparsa(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
US$43
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$48/night.

Classic Sarovar Portico(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
US$44
Priceline
Vasudevam - Premium Suites(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
All reviewspunjabi restaurantvalue for moneyrooftop poolhotel is locatedclean roomsbusiness hotelroom servicedecent staydeluxe roomvisit trivandrumbreakfast buffet isfront officeexcellent place to staynice experiencecourteous staffshort stayambience
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed with family in 23-25 Oct 2017, took 2 deluxe rooms.
We checked in by 6 pm after a lengthy and tiring journey. The first question we asked at check in is " WHEN WILL YOU CHECK OUT?" By Mr Akhil on the reception desk.

It is horrendous. We travelling with senior citizen and small kids. Neither they had a courtesy to offer a glass of water or even ask about our journey, nor even a smile on their face seeing a guest come in. Let alone a welcoming attitude.

In 2 days of our stay, we changed our room thrice, once at 10:30 pm because The AC was not working. Solution offered by the hotel staff: we will put a fan in the room!! Oh like you charged us for the room, only with the fan!!

The Swimming pool?? Under maintainence!!

In breakfast time which is till 10:00 am, they are out of food by 9:30 am. Sorry Sir, you should have come earlier.
Request them to pack some food for little kids, Sorry Sir, it is against our Hotel Policy!! WHAT?? Against hotel policy?? Smallest of hotels have this amount of decency, but not here!
We asked for a little foil wrap to wrap some food we had in our plate, Sorry Sir, We don't have FOIL wrap. WHERE ON EARTH AM I??? HEIGHT OF INSULT AND INDECENCY!! We immediately left our plates and food there n then!!
You try to complain to the Manager Lady In charge. She will not be perturbed with such small issues.
They don't have a cot for small kids, but they will not forget to charge you for the extra bedding!!

I think for this price you can get many better hotels like HYCINTH et all down the road.
This hotel is even worse than the below average KTDC hotels.

I am sure not long when it comes to a grinding halt!!

Never ever coming back here!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank arorajt
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for highlighting your concern during your recent visit to The Residency Tower, Trivandrum.
and I am truly sorry to learn of the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

I fully agree that its very annoying when someone asks you the check out time at the time of check in. But as a matter of fact we ask such questions only to make your stay as well as others stay comfortable. All guests are aware that 12 noon is the Check in & Check out time but its sometimes impossible to get a connecting flight and people are forced to request a grace time. Sometimes the same happens at the Check in time a person who reaches by 10 am finds it too difficult to hangout till 12 noon to get a room.
Being a business hotel most of our customers call us and check if they could be accommodated if they reached early. But confirming the same is possible only if we ask this silly question. But your kind reply is only going to help another traveler. There are no intentions to ask you to leave the hotel. We do this exercise specially on a busy day. The days you stayed with us we were running with 100 % occupancy and had to ask such questions for the sake of others.

Secondly parceling a food from buffet is something all standard hotels don’t allow. The food that you see would have been prepared 2 hours prior as well as more depending on how long the buffet was on.
Parceling this food to be consumed again after 3 to 4 hours can lead to serious health conditions. Hence we chose to give fresh food and recommend all customers to consume it hot and within 30 minutes of preparation to avoid any unnecessary talks and disputes on taste, quality and their own health.

My sincere apology for the air conditioning not meeting your expectation. But i hope you will understand electronic things are quite unpredictable but we have a 24/7 staff to address all such issues.

On behalf of my team kindly accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Stayed with family late September. They didnt have any connecting rooms, which was not a good option for us as the second room booked was for kids. But they gave us adjacent rooms. Location is pretty good as its near to the local attractions. Guys at reception could be more friendly. Rooms were of decent size and had clean linen.

Our plan was breakfast inclusive. No complaints on the spread. All standard things that you see on a buffet was present. Restaurants at the hotel close pretty early. So we had to step out for food. 10:30 last order is not a very good thing. May be the local law restricts the timing?

So overall the place is good for a night's sleep. Other than that nothing much at the place. Will I go again? not very sure as there are many other places there which looks more better :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Residencytvm, General Manager at The Residency Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at “The Residency Tower” and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

I have advised my Front desk team to have bigger smiles as you are right friendliness is missed out otherwise.

Your may be right that there are better newer property in the same price. But we are 20 Years in this business i can guarantee you that the warmth you got in our place will not be in others. I can vouch it as we have 60 % of our customers coming back to us and staying regularly for the past 10 Years.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Staff members were very courteous and helpful. Room is very spacious and clean. WIFI connection and other facilities are good. The State Secretariat is at walkable distance. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you have strongly recommended our hotel “The Residency Tower” Trivandrum after experiencing our good hospitality on Trip Advisor. I assure you that we will never let others change your opinion about us.

I feel proud to know that you also felt our services were good & professional. I will definitely share your kind words of appreciation to my team who made your stay a memorable one. Being a business hotel we ensure our guests don’t face any inconveniences with our facilities. But the Government secretariat is a blessing for us which is just a one minute walk away.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

It happens in other socialist countries I have visited too. The bathroom light near the shower does not turn off. No switch. Now suppose you were a very pretty lady and had a shower. Wonderful blackmail opportunity for hotel staff and associated police. or suppose you were a man and entertained a lady. It does not matter about the law, every night police come to EVERY 2 star and above hotel to search opportunities. $10,000 is going rate according to widespread gossip in Kovalam where I have been in tourist area for last 8 months.
Anyway this hotel will not negotiateon price and charge me Rs 2800 per night for double room. Nothing whatsoever special about room except of course cleaned with the usual rat poison and god knows what to kill all insects when ordinary Indian hotels have for decades just used water and does better job.
I walk out to post letter and find 3 other hotels within 5 minutes walk at Rs 900, Rs 1050 and Rs 1100, double room, no restriction on occupants.Friendlier staff, of course they too will happily report you to police without telling you, but this is Indians today, what do you expect, niceness?
Service here absolutely appalling, but this is modern India what do you expect? I will not bore you with details.
Shower does not work even though I specifically asked before paying whether they had a shower. They answered truthfullly that room had shower.
I ask for refund so I can walk 2 minutes away and get nicer hotel 70% cheaper. Or can they give me discount. Typical modern Indian response: total lies., rubbish otherwise. Anyway guess what, answer was "NO" plus assorted lies.
In India, you are advised mostly, not always to avoid using hotel wifi. "free" yes. But what these modern techy guys in the police dept can do to your tablet/pc. eg, I was at best hotel in Ukraine 2 months ago, bugs crawling all over my computer screen was their idea of fun, Or hotel in Bangalore 2 weeks ago (Pigeon Int), pics of men with halloween face masks, my web pages going down, new ones opening up, ads which you should not open,.
They now have my debit card details, They can gave tremendous fun with that.

Room Tip: walk 2 mins down the road
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest

I thank you for posting your detailed feedback on Trip Advisor . But it looks your imagination is beyond reality.

It was a surprise to know that you could not locate the switch to put off the light in the shower. Anyways i can guarantee that we have switches for all lights and being a 4 Star Gov Classified hotel we have no such intentions of having any hidden cameras inside bathrooms and rooms. The hotel has CCTV surveillance cameras on all public areas for safety & security purpose only.

It looks you had some weird experience in some cheap hotels and that’s why you are wrongly comparing us with them. You were lucky to get the room for INR 2800 as being non business day. Otherwise on normal business days you would be closely paying INR 5000 for the room.

I have checked the hotels that you stayed and mentioned in your feedback they are really cheap places where your fantasies are bound to happen. But i can assure you in good 4 Star & 5 Star hotels such activities don’t normally happen.

With Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here for 2 days on an Exam trip. Location is great. Rooms are comfortable, adequate furnitures, Bathroom good, but smoke smell was there . Food was not good, Breakfast was average. Rooftop Punjabi Restaurant was great. Hotel staffs are cordial. Overall nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to know that your stay was comfortable but have noted your remarks that the food did not meet your expectations also the smoke smell in the room was not welcoming.

I have briefed my team on the issues highlighted and we are taking immediate corrective measures so that it does not happen in mere future.