See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Cliff Lounge is the perfect place to stay in Varkala. Julie & Nitheesh are lovely and welcoming, very helpful too. Our room was so nice it felt like home immediately. We loved the balcony view.
Mosquito coils were a nice touch.

We would have loved to stay for longer but ran out of time!

Many thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2015
5  Thank DanielleT2206
Reviewed 18 December 2014

A friend and I spend over a week staying at cliff lounge and had an amazing time. Very welcoming and helpful owners. Not to mention the very cute puppy who we spent a lot of time playing with. Nice clean room, lovely roof terrace and great location.

Note the bar next door was not open during our stay so I don't know if it would disrupt sleep.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank JazminIndigo
Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

Awesome place - clean, comfortable, affordable. 100m from the beach. Cool rooftop with a hammock. Nitheesh and Julia made us feel relaxed and at home the moment we walked in. Not to mention they have an adorable puppy that we loved hanging out with. We intended to stay for 3 nights which turned into 7 nights because we didn't want to leave. Neither will you!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cordelia W
Reviewed 22 November 2014

What a wonderful place to stay - homely, cosy and right in the heart of North Cliff beach area. The hosts Niteesh and Julia were so hospitable. From when I arrived, they organised a taxi from the airport in the middle of the night and gave great advice about the area during my stay. The double room and bathroom was very clean, tidy, spacious and with a lovely balcony for the sea view. Air con and fan were a welcome relief in this peaceful place. I wish Niteesh, Julia and their beautiful baby daughter all the very best with their delightful hotel.

Room Tip: Request air con plus fan, most obliging. It is a quiet place to stay. Very near to the centre of the cliff walk.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

The Cliff Lounge Guesthouse was recommended to me by a friend. I couldn't have asked for more. The rooms are very nice and clean. They have A/C rooms as well but the non A/C rooms are equipped with a ceiling fan which was enough for me. Very good value!
Good WiFi reception in the rooms as well as on the rooftop!
The guesthouse is located conveniently close to the main road and right around the corner of the Tibetan market and therefor very quite but not off the beaten track. 2 minutes to the beach!
Julia and Nitheesh are very helpful and super friendly. I felt very much at home and I enjoyed my stay in Varkala very much and can definitely recommend the Cliff Lounge guesthouse a hundred percent!!

• Stayed: November 2014