All reviewsfew yearsbath housesand volleyballcamping tripstay there againrio bonitoclean restroomsfire pitnew mexicogarykidsitescreektreeswheeldogpad
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This was our first time to stay at Bonito Hollow RV Park and Campground. We had a wonderful time and the people working there are so very nice and work hard to make your stay pleasant. They keep the park extremely clean. I would definitely stay there again on our next visit to Ruidoso, New Mexico

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Great place to park the RV and away from town and noise, but close enough to go into town to shop, eat, sight see. Clean public areas and showers. Made new friends and loved sitting outside reading under the pines.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The park has a lovely stream that goes through it. Although they say it is stocked, never saw any fish taken, just the same nice to take a walk along it. Nice little play area for young children. Not next to a busy highway, so stays quite, unlike many RV Parks that are next to major highways or interstates. Almost every evening and early morning you will spot some deer walking though the park. Also has tent sites.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2016

The owners are very nice—they guide you to your site and help with backing in. The grounds are nice, but the fire from about 5 years ago has left much of the surrounding area devastated and barren of full grown trees. Rio Bonito, on the grounds, is a small creek between the highway and the park. It's pleasant but very close to a lot of camp sites and near the road.
The problem with this RV park is that there are too many sites and they are much too close together. If you are looking for a little semi-peaceful camp and some convening with nature, this is not the park for you.
In addition, despite their press, the owners are okay with large groups of party-types.
Sadly, my stay was ruined by a noisy group across from me of about 40 people in two sites (including about 20 children). That was bad enough, but when they turned the tunes up loud, I politely asked the owners to intervene. They didn't take care of the situation, forcing me to go complain to the music blasters personally about an hour later.
Too many people, too close together, making a lot of noise. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Very nice place for Families. While our stay during Labor Day weekend there were activities for 12 and under kiddos which was really cool.. Clean bathrooms and showers available, had firewood delivered, they even escorted and helped me into my camping spot. The campground was full and quiet time is 10 pm so I was a little worried about our noise level while being late with friends/family around the campfire.. You are close to your neighbor so if you like to be loud this place is not for you.. I expected to be close to others since electricity and water was available. I stayed on sites next to creek which was nice but still heard vehicle from the road nearby. Overall, very nice campground and we already made reservations for next year :) Thank you Holllow Bonito for a pleasant weekend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family