“Amazing Food with a terrible service attitude.”
Review of Arctic

Arctic
Ranked #1,374 of 7,198 Restaurants in Pune
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Arctic has been a must go place for my family since 1 year. We visit the place at least every alternate month to enjoy the seafood buffet. The food is exceptionally good and the owners homely, with the agenda of complete client satisfaction.

However, since they hired a new table attendant, the experience started to diminish. If you decide to have the buffet, as a policy everyone on the table needs to eat the same menu. (A huge disappointment if someone in your group is a vegetarian, you cannot take the veg and seafood buffet)

Last weekend i went with my family to relish their amazing food as usual and we were having a great time, until a relative dropped in to meet us. We were nearly done with the buffet dinner and offered our guest to dine with us. He however, refused politely, but upon insisting, ordered Prawns and Neer Dosa. While the order arrived, my guest got tempted with the bowl of Crabs on the table, (which was not cleared from the table after the course) and helped himself to a piece. I could not stop my guest, so decided to order a dish of crabs for him separately.

We were suddenly graced with the waiter who comes up to our table and informs me that they will be charging me on the buffet for an extra person. I said alright and tried to end the conversation. However, the waiter required to give me a detailed explanation. He went ahead to say that as the additional person has helped himself to a dish that was part of the buffet, they will be charging me for an extra person as per their policy. Upon hearing this my guest lost interest in completing his meal and offered to pay the bill instead.

My family just started having deserts, so we decided to wrap up quickly and leave trying to convert the disappointment to a positive environment and not ruin the evening.

The waiter again returned after some time announcing that they will not charge me for the extra person this time as an exception, but in the future we need to be aware of their policies, etc. etc.

This was a breaking point for me and i decided to talk to the waiter in private.
I asked him never again to insult a guest by discussing such issues at the table while we are still eating. All this can be discussed when asked for a bill.

He could have done either of the following:

1. Present the bill at the end, when we finish our meal, with the charge for the extra person, and provide an explanation when asked.
2. When asked for the bill, discuss in private, and charge accordingly.

This was a giant put-off for us. Even though the the food that we ended up ordering was lip-smacking, I left with a really bad taste in my mouth.

We paid the bill and walked out without completing the course of our meal. I am certain the owners will take appropriate action, but i am doubtful, I would ever return to Arctic with my family or friends again.

This went on to solidify the age old belief that no matter how good the product/service is, the overall experience is what ultimately matters for the future of the business. It is important to always be aware of the fact that even exemplary service delivered with a sub-optimal experience can lead to customers walking away in dismay and killing potential leads with insidious badmouthing.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 26 May 2017

The prawns curry, Crabs and the browny and ice cream is my alltime favorite in this buffet restaurant. The rating would have increased but my last out here was not much interesting. The food quality has decreased a bit compared to the last time. But overall a very good place. yes, mixed reviews.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Arctic restaurant has good sea-food preparations. Their 'surmai fish in manglorian curry' with boiled rice was awesome.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Nestled in Kalyani Nagar, I have known this place from a long time and finally visited. Known for fish, we were not disappointed. I have tasted better fish, but this was good too. Fresh, cooked well. Ambience is okay. There are many ways to cook a fish and the restaurant must find ways to add these on the menu to up the game. Overall, happy tummy!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I went to this Restaurant on 10th April , 2016 with my family. The ambiance was not that bad. But we decided to take parcel from this place instead of having it there. We wanted to have crab in Butter Garlic gravy. They provide home delivery too. It took half and hour to deliver the food to our place. The crab was really nice. I loved it. The fish tandoori was also really good. The overall food quality was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant if someone wants to enjoy good sea food.

Date of visit: April 2016