Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 17/04/21
Hotels.comUS$98
Booking.comUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
All reviews taj property hot water bottles heritage hotel old world charm f b magic show open fire the hotel staff welcome drink breakfast spread sitting room rooms are large modern amenities hill station every evening very pleasant stay courteous staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

During Covid times, I was very scared to plan for a vacation with a Sr. Citizen mother and 2 year old son. But, when I entered this property, I was confident that the staff is ensuring all possible hygiene, safety protocols and guidlines. The hotel staff went above and beyond to ensure that our stay is pleasant and safe. I'd like to name Sheetal, Zach, Kannan from front desk, they ensured that throughout my stay our all needs are well taken care off. Shafi and Aravind from the food and beverages department ensured the food is not spicy for my son and mom. Everything was delivered to our room so that we have minimum contacts with anyone.

When we entered the tyres of car were sanitized at the gate. The hotel team has placed a footwear disinfection and all world class disinfection sprays to protect the guests. Our room was very well sanitized and there was a bottle of hand sanitizer.

All and all a great experience during new normal and I'd highly recommend to visit this property.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Bala Murugan, Guest Services / Front Office at Gateway Coonoor - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear Mr. Ajay ,

Greetings from Gateway Coonoor IHCL SeleQtions.

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am delighted to know that you & your family had enjoyed your stay & services. Anand , Kannan, shafi, zach, sheetal & Team Gateway was quite excited to receive your kind word of appreciation.

Sir, we strive to maintain high standards of product and service and feedback such as yours go a long way in helping us meet them through continuous improvement and I thank you for the same. We look forward to your continued patronage of Gateway Coonoor and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Balamurugan F

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel.
Good location, close to the main square in the heart of coonoor. Just a few minutes walk away from Moddys confectionery which is a must try in Ooty or Coonoor
Friendly and courteous staff
Beautiful gardens to relax in or play a game of badminton/cricket. The place has a lovely family atmosphere. They also organise a bon fire in the laws every evening during winter.
Since it’s a heritage property, no room is the same in terms of layout. This makes the property more charming. Although our room was slightly smaller than expected, it was cozy and it had good enough storage for a comfortable stay.
Good breakfast spread.
Just come prepared with some local taxi options as hotel rates can be expensive.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bala Murugan, Guest Services / Front Office at Gateway Coonoor - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Dear Ms. Karishma,

Greetings from Gateway Coonoor IHCL SeleQtions.

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am delighted to know that you &your family had enjoyed your stay & services. Team Gateway was quite excited to receive your kind word of appreciation.

Madam, we strive to maintain high standards of product and service and feedback such as yours go a long way in helping us meet them through continuous improvement and I thank you for the same.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Stayed couple of nights with my one year old. Excellent staffs front desk, resturant, housekeeping all are very polite and friendly, they made the place safe and secure during the COVID season.

Vintage stay with excellent staff, definitely they make your stay memorable.

Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Bala Murugan, Guest Services / Front Office at Gateway Coonoor - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear Mr. Vignesh,

Reviewed 9 February 2021

Gateway Coonoor IHCL is the best complete hotel in Coonoor. Its a Pet friendly place, Beautiful view, Full service restaurant, Bar and lots of activities (Sports, Magic show, cycling etc) to enjoy time with your family. Their staff is the best and take care of your needs. And they pamper your pet by giving them separate beds, toys, etc. they take care of your pets while you do your meals. Special thanks to their staff for executing this (Names: Zachary, Rahul, Satish etc). and house keeping to put creativity in decorating the room always.

Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Bala Murugan, Guest Services / Front Office at Gateway Coonoor - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2021

Dear Sir ,
Greetings from Gateway Coonoor IHCL SeleQtions.

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am delighted to know that you & your family had enjoyed your stay & services. Zachary, Rahul, Satish & Team Gateway was quite excited to receive your kind word of appreciation.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

I had wonderful and excellent time at the hotel and service was very very good and the F&B TEAM AND mr Bala have done a good job and took very good care of me during my stay and over all the food was too good

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Bala Murugan, Guest Services / Front Office at Gateway Coonoor - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

Dear Mr. Varun ,

Greetings from Gateway Coonoor IHCL SeleQtions.

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the stay with us during your recent visit to Coonoor. I am delighted to know that you & your family had enjoyed your stay & services. Team Gateway was quite excited to receive your kind word of appreciation.