The Gateway Hotel, Agra
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$52
US$36
US$33
Travelocity
2,183 results
All reviewstaj viewtaj groupindian restaurantpuppet showrooftop barswimming poolcoffee shopan upgradeexcellent hospitalityrestaurant stafffront officered fortcourteous staffbuffet breakfastcomfortable stayskydeckgad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here with my family several times in last more than ten years and the experience of each stay has been better than the previous one. Excellent place to stay and to enjoy mouth watering delicacies. Superb hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found the people, food and location great, and services to be excellent. Thank you for praising our hotel, facilities, food and services.

I am glad that our well trained and dedicated team members were able to make a positive impression during your stay and help create memories for a life time.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Personalized services, delicious food and location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our effort remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

It is our constant endeavor to deliver best and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

I thank you once again for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was there on a two day leisure trip with my wife. The room was pool view and it had an amazing view of the pool and the garden area.
The hotel had a walking track, a gym, well maintained big garden with facility to play badminton and basketball. There is also a small kids play area.
The swimming pool was very well maintained with provision of floaters and tubes for kids and non swimmers also ball to play with in the pool.
The food was exceptionally tasty , the buffet was well elaborate with cuisines which give the feel of home away from home. The staffs in GAD were very polite, courteous, helpful and prompt.
Had an Indian Aromatherapy Energising Spa treatment there by the therapist Awon who is really a master in her work. It really energised me after the tiring long drive which we had.

Over all just one thing to say Taj you never cease to amaze us bcoz TAJ IS TAJ.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Personalized services, your room, delicious food and location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

Our hotel offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in tranquil surroundings and this is what our guests appreciate the most about us. It is great to know that the charm of the stunning landscaped gardens, pool and the serene ambiance of the hotel worked its magic on you.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, especially Awon who was delighted to note that her efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived after a long journey, the hotel was welcoming and the room ready. We found the rooftop bar with wonderful views almost by accident - not well advertised or signposted. After an evening meal in the restaurant I was ill, we should have eaten in the (empty) a la carte dining room where meals were cooked to order. Otherwise a very well run and clean large hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found the people and location great, and services to be excellent and that you enjoyed the view of Taj Mahal from SkyDeck. Thank you for praising our hotel, facilities and services.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Personalized services, your room and location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I spent only one night in this hotel with my family and really this is one of the best 5 stars hotels in Agra and frankly speaking i recommended this hotel to stay in if u are planning to Visit Agra ans u want a TAJ view room.. since the view is very nice and clear

Staff : very friendly and professionals
Services : some delay in rooms services
Food : limited types with a good taste
Location : Middle of the city
Swimming pool : very nice

Notes :
- I asked for an extra blanket
so
1st time it came dirty
2nd time it came wet
3rd time half wet
4th time accepted

- The hotel is a bit old and need some reservation

Thanks and Regards

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the view of Taj Mahal from your room.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It is our constant endeavor to live up to and exceed our guests’ expectations. Knowing that your overall stay was not only pleasant but also memorable makes all our efforts worthwhile. Your appreciation of our property and our services is a huge inspiration for the team.

Our hotel offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in tranquil surroundings and this is what our guests appreciate the most about us. It is great to know that the charm of the stunning landscaped gardens, magnificent pool and the serene ambiance of the hotel worked its magic on you.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am delighted to know that our team was able to create some fond memories for you with friendly gestures and courteous service. They have yet again made me proud!

I have also made a good note of your constructive feedback referring to numerous aspects of our services, please be assured that your feedback will be taken most seriously to work on and deliver the standard expected from us.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you and we all await your return to stay with us soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write the review and recommending the hotel. Please feel free to contact and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions and other concerns.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is really a good hotel in terms of Food, Stay and other items. but the charge an exaggerate price for some of the MRP items which is really not worth , a 20/ Real juice cost 275/ a 85/ beer cost 285/ a 35/ mirinda can cost 275/ really not worth , otherwise stay is very pleasant and memorable

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr. Panda,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey.

I am delighted to note that you found the people, location and services to be great. Thank you for praising our hotel and services.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. On behalf of the The Gateway Hotel, Agra I wish to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

It is certainly a matter of concern that in this instance, we have not been able to deliver the levels of service, expected of the Taj. It is our endeavor, that every guest at the Taj has an outstanding experience each time they visit any of our hotels.

On a rare occasion such as this, we are grateful for your feedback and the chance to attend to this unfortunate situation.

I have had a detailed conversation with the concerned teams; however these are such regretful shortfalls that have taken place which could have been handled better.

We will definitely better train our team in being more sensitive towards our guests needs and looking into details.

We hope that you do not consider this experience to be symbolic of your expectations of the Taj, but an isolated incident never to repeat itself. We look forward to your next visit and would like to reassure you of our commitment to the practice of excellence in hospitality.

Indian Hotel Company