“Fantastic value for money.”

Tourists Rest House
Ranked #23 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

This place is fantastic value for money if you just want to be in Agra for a few days.

For the price the rooms are decent and the atmosphere in the guest house is friendly.

They have a nice courtyard eating area and staff are helpful.

I walked from here to Lal Qila (Red Fort) and The Taj Mahal so location is reasonably good.

Ravi

JetPrivilege membership: 139548592

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the rest house for 2 nights. It had warm water the room was clean. The owner was good enough to help me out with a lost e-ticket, thanks for that. All in all a great stay in a place that gives more than value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I staied 2 nights in the hotel and my boy friend and i had a good stay.
The staff is nice and allways there if you need help.

The room was clean but the double bed was maed out of to single beds,
Wich was a bit of a deception.

the room was for a very good price
And we met a very nice touk touk driver ( shabbu) that folowed us for the three days in agra and showed us nice places

I recomend this place to people the don't have to much need's and that want to pay small price.
We had a nice stay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

i came in this hotel late evening, for two nights. The staff welcomed us nicely. The hotel was looking nice from inside. we booked a air con room which was excellent. we have everything in the room(towels, clean spotless bedsheets, soaps and toilet paper) the hot water was also good as it is running all the time.
The breakfast was fresh enough in the garden area.
The hotel also helps us in booking tour to Agra which was value for money.
In the evening we came back and had dinner which was quite good as they have enough choices but they prepare delicious what they have ...
We had a nice sleep our trip was hectic when we arrived..
NICE HOTEL, NICE PEOPLE ...
I WOULD RECOMMEND IT ...

Room Tip: choose new rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and that was too long. In hindsight we would have just gone to Agra to see the sights for the day as Agra itself is not a great town at all.

We have stayed in quite a lot of accommodations all over India and this was by far the worst but not one of the cheapest.
Firstly we were shown to the room we had supposedly booked - which was awful and without hot water. We were then taken to a better room which we were told had hot water and had been newly refurbished (for an extra cost)
We took the more expensive option however, the hot water was non existent. I explained this to one of the managers and he told me to wait for 10 minutes and the hot water would working then. I explained that I had already waited but he was adamant that he wouldn't be coming to check until I had waited the allotted time.
10 minutes later the hot water was still not working and finally he offered to transfer us to a different room with hot water.

The next room looked fine and had hot water. However, upon closer inspection the hot water was actually about 80 - 90 degrees and the cold tap didn't work! Also the window to the room was smashed and a poor job had been made to try and cover it with newspaper and strategically placed curtains.
I explained this to the manager again and he argued with me that I didn't know how to use a shower and took me to my room to give me a demonstration. Finally, he admitted that i was right and after some discussion with another manager (who seemed to be the only hospitable member of staff) agreed that I would pay the first lesser amount prior to my 'upgrade'.

Apart from the mentioned hospitable manager the rest of the team seemed disinterested and shuffle about coughing and spitting and don't seem to have any notion of courtesy, manners or hospitality.

The accommodation is set on a busy road so you can't walk anywhere so you are at the mercy of the auto-rickshaw / taxi drivers.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple