Staying at Mara River during a stay at Bali Safari and Marine Park is a wonderful way to enhance the experience. The private bungalows overlook a grassy area where you have front row seats to safari animals during the day and night - you can feed them any time you like. You can also watch the elephant rides from your balcony. The rooms are nicely designed, touches of a safari feel - generally clean, interesting, functional. I enjoyed the stay more than my wife. She felt the facilities were not quite what she expected, and there was not enough done to try to control the mosquitos or whatever bugs were biting us despite burning those bug-away coils and staying within the masked bed. But as for a hotel stay with a child who loves animals - wow, this is just a fantasic experience. And i highly recommend the 8pm fire show available outside the restaurant every night - lots of fun, and just a two-minute walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara River Safari Lodge is a themed resort that offers a truly unique experience. Accommodation is composed of a series of comfortably appointed thatched dwelling orientated towards a landscaped inhabited by wildlife. With the shadow of Bali's sacred Mount Agung looming in the distance, embrace the rare tranquility of this retreat as rhinos, zebras and oryx graze contentedly at close range. Savor the raw beauty surrounding the lodge, while lions majestically roar declaring their status as the king of the beasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Mara River Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara River Safari Hotel Gianyar
- Mara River Safari Resort
- Mara River Safari Lodge Bali/Gianyar