“Tasty, pretty good but expensive ”
Review of Sundara

Sundara
Reserve with OpenTable
Sundara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 272 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sanskrit word for "beautiful", Sundara pays tribute to the glowing sun that warms Bali's hottest beachfront restaurant and bar. Enjoy a casual lunch of light, shareable cuisine ideal for soaking up the salt-air and panoramic views. Lounge away the afternoon on an ocean-front bale, sun-splashed daybed or table on the open terrace overlooking the 57-meter infinity edge pool, just steps above the surf. For dinner, Sundara transforms into one of Bali's most sophisticated dining experiences, with a Modern Asian-inspired menu that can be served as individual portions or for sharing with a companion or group. After dark, the beachside ambience becomes candlelit and sexy with the island's most tantric avant-garde cocktails.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had few dishes from the menu to share ! Everything was tasty, but a bit too spicy for myself. Service was good. I certainly expecting a bit more from the fours seasons hotel. The only thing is the price, its a bit too pricey for what it is. Oh and on the list it was written homemade cookies I asked the lady if it was hard or soft cookie. She said soft but it was hard... so disappointed, im a chef and this was definitely not a cookie!!!! It was a shortbread with choc chip.

SundaraBAL, Manager at Sundara, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear ‘justineroutier’

Thank you for your helpful comments, I am glad to read that you enjoyed the food and service. I will update our product knowledge training for the team to ensure we provide accurate information to our guests.

Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had a bit of everything on the menu and we tried the best cocktails ever and got ourselves high but aware enough to appreciate the scenic view of where we were at, it's like a cabana and we had the whole place to ourselves as we were quite late there near to closing time..I am definitely coming back for more!!

1  Thank Ytee R
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This restaurant at the Four Seasons was spectacular. Lovely lanai dining area, just over the beach. The hot and cold selections a la carte were very interesting. But the soft shell crab - OMG! Can't wait to go back

1  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I do not understand what other people must have eaten that their reviews are so positive. The only explanation I have is that people are in a holiday mood and they desperately want to have a good time which influences their reviews.
Eating at Sundara was hands-down one of the biggest disappointments. Pricey and very bad food. Bland, heavy, oily, microwaved, tasteless standard fare. For a moment I thought we were at the wrong place and this was actually not a restaurant at the Four Seasons. They even managed to screw up a little side salad. Drinks were grotesquely watered down too which is kind of common in Indonesia. I am somewhat shocked at how bad a place at a Four Seasons can be. Just don't waste your time here. There are much better options!

SundaraBAL, Manager at Sundara, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear ‘Mischa G’

I truly regret that you didn’t enjoy your time at Sundara and I would very much appreciate knowing more specific details about what you ordered. It is certainly contrary to feedback we receive from other guests. I would really like to look into this so that we can give our team a chance to improve.

I look forward to hearing from you, in the meantime please accept my sincere apologies and commitment to do better.

Best regards,

Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We came here on our last night of an amazing 2 week holiday in Bali, stopping off in Jimbaran just for the night.

We searched trip advisor but got sick of reading reviews and just wandered from our hotel towards the beach and myriad of restaurants and what a find this was!

Absolutely perfect location, a terrace right next to the beach with beautiful decor and ambience. When we arrived there was live music on the terrace, a singer, saxophonist and guitarist playing some great choons.

Food was sensational, and that coupled with the fantastic service and stunning settings meant it was well worth the price tag.

Highly recommended for a more high end treat if you want to end your holiday with a bang!

Dear ‘Maddi B’

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to know that you had an amazing holiday in Bali and ended it with a serendipitious night at Sundara. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday in Bali.

Best regards,
Matthieu Bertho

Been to Sundara? Share your experiences!