US$78
US$67
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
US$171
US$133
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$102
US$125
US$72
  • Pool
US$117
US$77
Agoda.com
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$332
US$38
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$97
  • Breakfast included
The Kana Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$42
Hotel Terrace At Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$35
Priceline
US$169
US$151
Hotels.com
All reviewsambassador suitesg blockswim up barpools are lovelynightly entertainmentsmaller poolgardens are beautifulopposite the beachbath towelsrooms are largebit datedgreat positionhotel groundsground floorrestaurants and shopsbali hotelmoney changer
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed here while on business for two weeks in April. I was in one of the older blocks (NS) close to the restaurant. The room was comfortable and the bathroom large. Clearly the towels have been replaced as mine were white and fluffy. AC worked well (but is noisy) and it was nice to have a mini bar. I didn't have much time for grocery shopping! However, I did have to remind the housekeeping staff to top it up with water etc. Nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a security safe. The beds are old and not the most comfortable. They could certainly upgrade their very tired, flat pillows. Room service was super quick and the restaurant in general very well priced and the food quality excellent. Breakfast was adequate but becomes monotonous after two weeks as very little changes. The cooked food is very greasy. The egg bar looked good, but I don't eat eggs. Front office staff are efficient but not particulary friendly. Grounds are very well kept as it is the pool. However, it always looked very crowded when I walked past, so I'm now sure how easy it is to secure a sunbed in the busy times.

My one major gripe is that they charge for an incredibly slow internet connection in the rooms. You have to buy a card and log in every time you want to use it. The card is for a length of time. As the connection is so slow you are online for quite a while! Internet is provided free in the restaurant but this is not somewhere I wanted to sit for long periods. The cost to provide wi fi throughout the resort cannot be much and would certainly add to the amenities of the hotel.

There is no fitness center in the hotel. I had read about a center next to the hotel by the beach (Seaside) on a TA review. However, when I asked the front office staff if the hotel had a center they didn't tell me about Seaside. I had to ask. Strange as they don't have one themselves, I would have thought it good to recommend this close by serivice. I also had to find it by myself. If you are interested, go through the restaurant towards the beach and turn left. It's the first building after the hotel. It is well equipped and reasonable.

The hotel will not let you build up a bill of more than $200 USD so for longer stays you end up having to pay in installments or pay the whole lot up front. I found this a little annoying as they had my credit card as a guarantee and it doesn't take long to reach $200 USD!

All in all for the price this is a good hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Mili033
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We checked in late for 1 night. This is our 3rd time at this hotel. But definitely our last. At the time of booking, we informed the staff we will be paying by cash when we arrived but we have no problem securing a booking with a credit card, in case we don't show up. But they went ahead to charge the card on the day of booking and refused to void the payment claiming it cannot be done, although we know it can.

The room layout is alright but the sink is built for giants. The bed is really bad. Looks good but I can feel the springs through the mattress. The pillows are so soft, that when I lie down, I felt as if I was in the hair salon having my hair washed. It was not the case when I last stayed but then I was given another wing. I had a terrible neck problem the next day.

If you can, avoid any calls made from hotels. We had an emergency problem and our mobile SIM card don't seemed to work. We were charged for 3 calls although 2 of them had no response. Explanations to the front desk were no use, they refused to entertain or listen to guest genuine answers.

We were to book for one more night but, needless to say we took our business elsewhere. We will never return.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank twofeathersSingapore
Reviewed 2 May 2011

if you looking for a place to sleep for a short time then this is your hotel.

The room is clean, the pool is always crowded and the A/C is cool after you keep it on for about few hours. But beware that the staff is not really friendly. i kept thinking positive that the staff is really tired after working all day LOL.

the restaurant is very cheap and their pizza's and gelato is superb. The breakfast is not something you look forward. But don't worry, lots of restaurant around the hotel and worth to try. A mini market and ATM available just few steps from the hotel.

overall it is very-very average hotel with great ocean view restaurant. I am sure there is still better choices around but if i wanted to relax all day in the beach without bothering their unfriendly staff, i will think about to staying here again. And the towel is fine, not great.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank kittycat33
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Initial impressions were good - friendly staff a pleasant, almost peaceful atmosphere in the outdoor grounds of the hotel, particularly in comparison with the buzz of the surrounding streets. The room itself would have been fine, had it been clean. It was filthy with drains that overflowed over the bathroom floor and stinking bed sheets and pillows. Although housekeeping visited each day and sprayed fragrance in the room, they unfortunately did not seem to clean. The nauseating smell of mould and toxic strong fragrances was disturbingly strong, particularly in the bed linen and pillows. I politely asked the reception staff whether we could change rooms and all she could suggest was that they send someone to spray more fragrance in the room. We were so keen to get out of this hotel that we went to the airport 4 hours early, and what a pleasant relief the lovely clean premium lounge was!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mo0o0o
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We recently stayed here for 5 nights with our 3 teens in interconnecting rooms. We couldn't fault this hotel. The rooms were large and the bathrooms really spacious, we were in block H. The breakfasts, included in the price were really good and the food and drinks at the pool and restaurants were really very reasonably priced. The towels, which many have complained about were great. We went to the Hyatt after this in Sanur and payed nearly double for inferior rooms with no breakfast included. This hotel is great for families with teens, our kids loved all the shops around and could explore without us. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family