All reviewsambassador suitesg blockswim up barpools are lovelynightly entertainmentsmaller poolgardens are beautifulbalinese hotelbath towelsgreat positionbit datedhotel groundsrooms are largerestaurants and shopsmoney changerground floormain pool
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I chose this hotel for its location, price and TA recommendations and was not disappointed. I wasn't at the hotel much and only stayed 2 nights but was happy enough with the room. Bed was comfy, it was quiet at night. I had a problem with the fridge was fixed immediately and the hairdryer didn't work but I'm sure they would have provided another had I asked. The buffet breakfast was great and the beachside location was perfect, I didn't get to use the pool but it looked clean and seemed to always have chairs available.Good value for money and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank julesbee66
Reviewed 7 December 2011

After originally booking into The Jayakata and being VERY dissappointed with quality of room and clientel(read Bogans), we decided to upgrade to the Kumala Pantai. So happy we did. Beautifully set out and maintained we immediatley sighed with relief once we moved in. Much better atmoshere and food available rooms were cleaner and better appointed, might mention staff were on the ball as well. Staff at both places were good but surroundings and pool areas made the difference. The old saying...."You pay for what you get"...doesn't come to mind all the time but in this case... Sure does.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank alantSunshineCoast
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The room was spacious, clean and (aside from some scary looking decor) very comfortable.
The only complaint I had was about the guests who spent each night shooting BB guns and setting off fireworks around the pool (one night until the early hours). It would have been great if the staff had intervened!!!
I would definitely stay here again but not during schoolies week!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LisaAJ
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This Hotel is a very good choice for the Legian/Seminyak area. On the beach, close to all the good Seminyak beachside restaurants they have a buffet style breakfast included in the room rate and has 2 really nice pools with swim up bars if you like that sort of thing. This is in my opinion one of the best value Hotels in Bali

Room Tip: SG Wing is the most private
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank samesdifd
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is my 8th time to Bali and the 1st time at the Kumala. We stayed in SG wing around the smaller pool, which we loved. The rooms were clean, great balcony, staff friendly, food beautiful & reasonable around the pool,with the best position opposite the beach, close to some really awesome restaurants and surrounded by some of what we thought was the best shopping!!
We wouldnt stay in any other area, not too busy, but just enough happening to keep your holiday interesting.
Would recommend Briella Spa and Luna Spa close by for some spa indulgence, which is really affortable. We never had a treatment we were disappointed with, & we tried just about everything.
Would go back in a heartbeat :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family