All reviewsambassador suitesg blockswim up barpools are lovelynightly entertainmentsmaller poolgardens are beautifulgreat positionbit datedhotel groundsrooms are largerestaurants and shopsmoney changerground floormain poolbuffet breakfastair conditioner
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here to be at the beach on NYE and the hotel was great .Nice staff , clean rooms ,great showers and huge pools .The website does not do this hotel justice .It is a little older and a little overdecorated but it has nice sized rooms with balconies and beautiful grounds and is in a great position for the money .

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank padthai
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This was my second enjoyable stay at the Kumala Pantai. The hotel has a pleasant atmosphere; our room was clean and spacious and had a balcony that overlooked the main pool where we enjoyed many pre-dinner drinks at sunset. We were within an easy walk to the reception, pool and the restaurant, through beautiful gardens with interesting pieces of art along the way.
Staying in B block, we had no complaints with noise from ‘schoolies’, and we were not disturbed by the nearby construction work. In fact, our room was so quiet that I wasn’t sure if we had neighbours on either side of us.
The Italian Restaurant is now managed by an Italian gentleman, who has improved the quality of the food immensely. There is a wide variety of entertainment changing nightly that can be enjoyed over a meal or over a refreshing drink at the beach-side restaurant. Beer at the hotel is cheap but the cocktails are on the expensive side and the wine selection should complement the Italian menu better – and needs to be less pricey.
In my opinion, the Kumala Pantai Hotel is one of the better valued hotels in the Legian/Seminyak area. It is just the right size; located on the beach, close to many of the good beach-side restaurants and there are plenty of shops and markets all within walking distance.
They have a buffet style breakfast included in the room rate. The majority of the staff were always friendly, on the ball and understand your requests.
I loved both of the pool areas – one with the swim-up bar and the other bigger pool being more suited to children, with a pool-side hut where you can order affordable food and drinks from very friendly and attentive staff.
We will definitely stay at the Kumala Pantai on our next trip to Bali – hopefully by then they will have introduced Happy Hour 

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Kerren_11
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This was our second stay at the Kumala Pantai, it still is great value for money in a great location. We have always stayed in SG block and love it overlooking the pool. We have always found the rooms clean, with a great balcony and a good sized bathroom with separate shower and bath which is good. The hotel grounds are beautiful and we use to love walking through them to breakfast. The resteraunt is very good value for money and has very good food and it was very nice to have pizza's which are awesome by the pool. Beer is still at a good price for a hotel compared to other hotels but other drinks are a bit more expensive such as cocktails and spirits - if they introduced a happy hour that would be great even just for cocktails. Breakfast was nice especially overlooking the beach but does get very repetative as it pretty much the same everyday. I think the hotel is great and in a prime location but wth the hotel increasing there price by a fair margin I think it has to improve to keep its tag as a great value for money hotel - things I'd improve are :
- improve breakfast a touch, add more pastry's - donuts etc. Add another juice and mix it up abit more everyday.
- add massage huts by the pools and have fair prices, the hotels spa is a big negative never see anyone there and when we used it was very, very disappointing
- clean up the lobby even though the statues are beautiful theres no room and they could make the lobby very nice as there a lot of space if staues are moved or placed better.
- have a happy hour at the bars would be awesome as only beers are at a good price
These improvements are just my opinion but to be truthful the hotel is great and these are just very small things that could make the hotel great in my eyes as the price has gone up.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
21  Thank integra
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I chose this hotel for its location, price and TA recommendations and was not disappointed. I wasn't at the hotel much and only stayed 2 nights but was happy enough with the room. Bed was comfy, it was quiet at night. I had a problem with the fridge was fixed immediately and the hairdryer didn't work but I'm sure they would have provided another had I asked. The buffet breakfast was great and the beachside location was perfect, I didn't get to use the pool but it looked clean and seemed to always have chairs available.Good value for money and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank julesbee66
Reviewed 7 December 2011

After originally booking into The Jayakata and being VERY dissappointed with quality of room and clientel(read Bogans), we decided to upgrade to the Kumala Pantai. So happy we did. Beautifully set out and maintained we immediatley sighed with relief once we moved in. Much better atmoshere and food available rooms were cleaner and better appointed, might mention staff were on the ball as well. Staff at both places were good but surroundings and pool areas made the difference. The old saying...."You pay for what you get"...doesn't come to mind all the time but in this case... Sure does.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family