“Will be returning to Kumala Pantai”

Hotel Kumala Pantai
Ranked #33 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Thought I'd just jump on to take a look at the latest reviews for KP and quite surprised to see mainly negative comments. Whilst I have to agree the KP really need to update their bath towels (seriously past their use by date!!!) and yes one of the showers in our Ambassador suite did appear to have a slight blockage - But Otherwise our stay here was fabulous. We loved the generously proportioned rooms, the position next to the beautiful pool, breakfasts and pool side lunches were fab and the gardens....... simply stunning. There's far more to recommend this hotel than to complain about. We found the staff friendly, co-operative and professional - no complaints there. Yes the previous occupant of our suite had left the safe closed and therefore a call to reception for help was required but was attended to very quickly. We checked out a few other hotels on the beach front and frankly whilst their bath towels might be better I didn't find any of them nearly as attractive and particularly preferred the pools at KP. As for trouble getting pool towels - we had none so not sure what that was about. I guess all we can comment on is our own experience and ours was great. The location as far as proximity to great restaurants, beach and shopping - perfect. You can pay a lot more for the privilege of better bath towels but not sure we'd bother .... anyway i'm sure they'll replace the towels before our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank pursuitofsunniness

Reviewed 4 April 2010

Have stayed here twice - once in the original building ovelooking the pool and this time in a newer top floor room overlooking the new pool. An excellent hotel with great rooms, facilities and service. Love sitting overlooking the beach at breakfast each morning - watching the world go by. Incredible value for such a great position.Great restaurants all around - we will be back ") Highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We booked into this place late March, 2010 on recommendation of a friend. Upon arrival we were shown to a room D23 which was on the top level, no lifts. The room smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, there are NO non-smoking rooms, the room was dirtyand the two towels provided were small, grey and smelly. There were no hand towels and no face washers provided. The towels (rags) I would not use to wash a dog! There was no literature in the rooms to operate the safe and no literature about the hotel.

A call to reception to ask how to open and use the safe was met with discourtesy and three quarters of an hour later we finally received assistance. We had just arrived at this place on the final leg of a very enjoyable trip further abroad where we had experienced a large variety of hotels and resorts ranging in quality...this place was feral!!

We requested a meeting with the Manager "Desi" who was smug and rude in attitude and when advised politely of our concerns was told "you should stay at the Hard Rock Hotel!, this is a budget hotel!" Well excuse me for asking if the hand towels and face washers had been over looked. She said her prices were set for the standard and that was their best room.
My wife and I checked out immediately and it was agreed by the management that we would receive a full refund of our deposit...which was never paid back into our account .

A very poor standard of room with very poor staff and in my opinion is not worth the money even as a budget hotel. My recommendation is to avoid it like the plague!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank phil3194
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We arrived from Jakarta,where my friend was staying for a while. She had booked some budget bungallow recomended by Lonely Planet. After stayed up all night counting the cockroaches went few few metres up the road and found that hotel. We did not have reservation. I was flattered to be told that there is a room available,did not have to wait even 10 min to move in. I was amazed by the stunning garden,beautiful and peaceful. It was bizzare that is quite large hotel,but the secluded gardens create great feeling of tranquility in which you slip from the party and shopping atmosphere in the the area.
The room was nice and large,spotless. Sheets were clean and changed everyday,we got fresh towels daily too. I need to note that I am cleaning freak and would spot immediatelly any dirt if exist.
The breakfast in the restaurant had great variety of fresh delicious fruit,omelets,croissants and other pastries,full english breakfast. They were covered with nets to protect from flies,but the tourist never bothered to cover them back after take what they need.
The swimming pool was clean and beautifully decorated,the only anoying thing was there were not enough loungers, or again-tourist were throwing their towells to occupy them and then disappear for hours, so be cheaky and move them.
We were so lucky to be in Bali for the Niyepi day which was great cultural experience. Even though we were stuck in the hotel,there was food and drinks(included alcohol)- in the pool,restaurant and room service,the spa center was also open.
The air condition worked fine and was really quiet. Staff was very helpful and polite.
I would deffinitely recomend this hotel. Excellent location-close to shops,restaurants and beach.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We stayed in an Ambassador Suite. Rooms are big with large bathrooms (the ambassador is a junior suite with a std room interconnected)

For the top room in the hotel we were dissapointed. The walls were black with feet and hand prints, the showers would not drain, the toilet in the kids room would gurgle loudly and the curtains were badly stained

We had been at the hotel 3 days before I called reception and asked if our room could be made up
I think during the rest of our 12 night stay I had to call another 3 times to ask for the room to be made up.

Its just the little things that really put a dampener on the trip

Do not even bother asking for a pool towel before 9am in the morning, at either of the pools

My hubby and brother in law booked a tour and thought although breakfast does not open till 7am the staff may allow them to grab a little something on the run. wrong they could not believe how rude the staff were and the glairs were just completely out of line

Come on KP most hotels open their breakfast room a little earlier than 7am to allow for early risers and people heading off on tours

Although our group occupied 4 rooms for 12 nights upon checking out the reception staff did not even bother asking us if we enjoyed our stay, thank us for our patronage Or make any effort to encourage us to come and stay at the hotel again. That just left me with a bad taste in my mouth

I can understand why people like the hotel, its not all bad the hotel grounds are pretty and the two pools are lovely however, its just little things that really make a holiday. I have been to Bali now 4 times and can assure you there is better options for the same price

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Raven567
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
0.2 km away
3 km away
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#42 of 250 in Kuta

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!