“Very good except for 2 problems.”
Review of Pesona Beach Inn

Pesona Beach Inn
Ranked #199 of 287 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Every time we find a hotel in Kuta that we like, the price seems to double so we were trying Pesona beach inn hotel this time.
I had been confident that we would like it, being small. 400 000 a night for 3 persons.
Indeed we did, the garden was lovely, the pool was clean and lovely, the staff were lovely and we had the new rooms which were only opened in January and very spacious and lovely. International cable tv. Good plumbing and fridge, reading lamps.
Ticked all our boxes.
Breakfast was confusing as there seemed to be too much toast ....you get only 1 egg on 2 toast and then 2 more toast with jam and butter or a banana jaffle. plus fruit and tea or coffee, no juice.
I think 2 eggs on 2 toast OR 2 toast with jam and butter OR a banana jaffle would be better.
Fruit very good.
Should offer juice as well as teenagers don;t often drink tea or coffee.
But that was a minor problem and it was completely adequate.
We like to stay at poppies 1 as that’s where we like to eat. Poppies 1 houses all our favourite cheap restaurants and it has internet, laundry, post office, supermarket, hair salons, massage salons, phone credit….all that you need. You are close to the beach and close to kuta square and close to bemo corner so you are never stuck in traffic jams as you can walk everywhere.
My friend and her sister from Adelaide were also staying here but in the old rooms by the pool.
The new rooms were up one floor but still close to the pool. The stairs were managable ( I had been worried due to a bad back).
Well 4 nights into our 11 night stay, 2 german girls in their early 20’s next to us had hooked up with 3 European guys above us.
The girls had already had the nasty bali street kids who use terrible language….in our pool at night….and many local men (who turned out to be magic mushroom sellers).
Well they and the boys got on the magic mushrooms and partied hard….next to us……for half the night.
No amount of us asking them to stop, did any good.
The 2 night staff that were on, were also ignored.
They were eventually able to move them onto the boys room above us, but we and any other guests could still hear.
Eventually they all moved to the pool and spent the entire night keeping the rest of the hotel awake jumping etc and screaming in the pool.
My friends sister asked twice for them to stop….nope.
They came back to the rooms at 5.30am and proceeded to sit on porch and wake us up with their antics again.
Something in me snapped and I found myself calling them german nazis and words were very heated. I realised later that there is no reasoning with a person on magic mushrooms. These things were around when I first visited in 1985, good grief they seem to be as popular as ever….and legal.
They went to bed so I discovered how to slam doors.
I slammed and I slammed and I slammed. And I coughed and I yelled.
The manager was called finally (he lives there but never shows himself) and it was agreed to move the girls to the back block of old rooms….and my friends were moved into the girls room next to us.
The boys were not moved though and the staff seem to have no idea or record of when guests are due to check out. They only have a note book of bookings, no computer and not enough information is taken down.
That night it started again though as the girls came to the boys above us.
The staff were very upset as they are not listened to and my friends and us were ready to call the tourist police but they headed out about 11.30pm so we took the opportunity to go to bed.
I had to tell my husband to stay in the room as he was ready to punch the guys and that would have been disastrous.
So the problem here is that the hotel has no security.
We have addressed this with the manager as his brother owns the adjoining hotel Diva next door, we suggested they share in getting security in uniform.
The hotel needs to have someone in uniform as a detterent.
It is the only hotel that we have ever stayed in that has no security.
2 days later they all checked out but there was to be another incident.
It is worth mentioning here also that the staff have to do everything...cooking, cleaning, gardening, reception etc.....in fact jobs should be delegated to each so that everything is manned correctly.
the second incident.
2 Italian women had accused the staff that cleaned their room of stealing money from their bags on the bed whilst they were at the pool.
$100 aust and 300 000rp.
They called the police and 3 of them came.
They seemed to be there for a long time and then 3 of the staff were taken to the police station and interigated for many hours.
I find it hard to believe that these lovely staff would have been guilty……but obviously one was, and again the manager has to take responsibility as he offers no safety deposit box in reception and no safes in the old rooms. The new rooms only have a key lockable wardrobe/drawer.
So the girls had no where to put their money safetly as they were in an old room.
This was very upsetting and we have decided that unless the rooms get equipped with safes (as the owner has said will happen) and security as what should be mandatory, we can not stay there again.
These 2 things really put a bad taste in our mouth.
I have emailed Made the owner my concerns once again in writing since returning home but I have not had a reply.
This means that nothing will be done, especially in the security department.
I am quite disappointed about that as it was a very good value for money little hotel.
I had read a review previous to us staying about theft.
I emailed made and asked and he tod me that this did not happen (for reasons that I believed), but I have to say now though, that it probably did happen.
So if you are wanting to stay at this lovely little hotel, ask about security and ask about safes.
If they have both then I thoroughly recommend it.
For now, ask only for the new rooms where there is somewhere to lock your money...and hope there are no more incidents that need security. You would have to be unlucky.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank WSAH

Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two days in Kuta. Strategically located in the heart of Kuta and very close to the beach. However the furnitures are quite old. The toilet, is just nice and very basic. The breakfast was good. I have walked around and enquired other properties nearby, but noted that the rate for the similar range of accommodation very pricey. Kuta is certainly expensive but this place is recommended for budget traveller who needs privacy.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2011

The hotel situated exactly inside the busty busies lane of Poppies 1. At night you can walk or mingle around the area for some bargain since the shop rows is full of bars, restaurant and shop lot. Souvenir, cloths are everywhere in Poppies Lane. Trust me! You won't get bored at night! Our room is exactly fronting the pool which is quite nice. Facilities is quite basic.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I've nothing bad to say about this hôtel and most of its staff are friendly. But one of them stole 1000 bath ($30) right from my wallet in my room. Even though I was able to prove that I had that 1000 bath in my wallet when I got in, the owner didn't do anything for it.

Bottom line, a thief works for him and he will need more serious thievery to find out who it is. Don't leave any valuables in your room. (that rule is good anywhere in Asia though ;) )

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank yack99
Reviewed 10 January 2011

This inn is located in the middle-ish of Poppies Lane 1 roughly 150m from Kuta Beach. There are a few places to eat within walking distance (cheapest one being Bamboo Corner to the higher priced ones, TJ’s Mexican Restaurant and Un’s Restaurant). Right next to it is the Pesona Mini Market; also known as the biggest retail shop in Poppies Lane I (provide liquor/spirits too). There are also a few Circle K (Bali’s version of 7Eleven) shops along the lane.

We stayed there for 2 nights. For a group of 5 persons, the size of the room and the price we paid for was rather reasonable. Rate starts at Rp.280,000 for a double room including breakfast (2 slices of toast, egg made to order, fruit platter and coffee or tea) and tax, and Rp.100,000 nett for every additional person thereafter.

Bathroom was newish and reasonably clean. The only complain; there wasn’t a screen to stop water from the shower to splash everywhere, thus making the floor wet. Cupboard and dressing drawer weren’t cleaned out but for a few nights’ stay it didn’t bother us. Floor was alright and most importantly beds were clean and comfy. There are 2 chairs and a small table right out the door for chats and drinks. Pool was new and clean albeit too small for the occupants of 25 rooms.

Staffs are speak typical Balinese standard of English but are nice. They will answer any questions and will help with transportation and such. The arrival pickup was on time and no hassle at all. It was Rp.80,000 one way to/from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family