Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
  • Pool
US$72
US$63
Agoda.com
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$106
US$77
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$104
  • Breakfast included
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$79
US$153
US$137
Agoda.com
Citadines Kuta Beach Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$60
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$76
Priceline
US$395
US$160
2,425 results
All reviewsla cucinatepan noodleocean facingpool barpool staffshopping mallsecond homefamily suitekids poolbuffet breakfastkuta beachwaterbom parkfantastic hotelkids clubspecial thanksnusa duagreat pool
Reviewed 23 October 2012

From the moment I arrived (well after the momentary power failure which was not repeated) this was both a great place to stay and an excellent business venue.

Staff were universally pleasant and knowledgeable (and their English was a lot better than my Bahasa), facilities were clean and modern, everything worked, food was exceptional and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The gym and day spa was a welcome break from work, while the choice of Indonesian, Italian and Japanese restaurants provided a great range.

Although not there for a tourist visit, Kuta Beach at your back door (literally walk off the pool lawn onto it) and Discovery Mall right next door made it hard to fault.

This will certainly be my Bali base from now on.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better sea view (check the hotel plan for details) and upper floors bring you above the slight noise of the street and pools
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Weary_Warrior
Reviewed 18 October 2012

In preparing to write the review for this hotel, I got more and more confused and wonder how come people would give good comments on this hotel.
First of all, the hotel is DIRTY!!! There are stains, even oil stains, on the linens and and you can see spots here and there in the room.
The service is very poor. I ordered the room service and they prepared the wrong ingredients for my noodles. I called to room service to complain and, whoever answered the phone told me he would come to my room to check but he NEVER did. Instead, he sent someone else to just come to collect the plate without telling this staff what the issue was about. So, this staff just collected the plate and let me know he had no idea the problem I had with the food.
Then, when I was in the bathroom on one night, I could not believe I saw a cockroach! I killed it immediately and called to housekeeping. The only answered I got was, "I am sorry." And, believe it or not? They did not even follow up this matter the following day. It seems they just did not care at all!
This evening, I went with my colleague for a drink in Tepan Noodle inside this resort. While I was sipping my cocktail, I saw a rat running under the floor!!!
I am checking out tomorrow morning. I am happy that I can finally leave this hotel. If it is not because of a conference held in this hotel, I would NEVER want to stay here!!!
BTW, the room is, yes, spacious. I booked an ocean front room. But, everything is just simple in the room. Simple furniture. When I saw my colleague post the photos of his room on facebook, I found the painting hung on his hotel room wall look exactly the same as that hung in my hotel room!!
If you have other better choice, stay elsewhere!! This is my most genuine advice!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank margarita_red2006
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Spacious room, perfect location in Kuta! The staff were very polite and willing to help. I loved the widespread breakfast menu and the large swimming pool close by. The pool bar is a thumbs up from me! I will surely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BhawnaAhlawat
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Awesome room, staff were outstanding, food was beautiful. Location perfect. Views awesome, swim up bar and my 5 year old and 18 month old lover the kiddie pool.

Even the sellers on beach were polite and lovely. I got a massage on the beach from LuLu and she was great! Only 100,000rp. You won;t find better in kuta.

Room Tip: If kids, upgrade to a suite with 2 rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Discovery Plaza and will be staying there again as it is a great hotel with very clean rooms and grounds. The staff are excellent and always willing to serve you.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family