“Piggys bar”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I travel to Bali a lot and always spend a bit of time at Piggys bar. I like Piggys bar and have gotten to know Anton and Remy well over the years. Every trip I take to Bali I always take my friends for drinks/music and to meet my Bali friends. I have had many enjoyable nights at Piggys, drinking, listening to remy, playing pool and meeting all types of visitors to Bali. The drinks are cheap and the bar staff are very friendly, always welcome you back with a smile. The security guard is friendly and seems like a really nice guy. Unfortunately on the previous night after leaving Piggys very late, we had a confrontation with a group of Indonesians(I'm not going to say Balinese because I don't think they were)that tried to pickpocket/steal from us. They managed to get my phone out of my pocket but dropped it and thankfully my friend managed to picked it up. The incident/encounter put a huge downer on the trip for myself as I had done the same thing(leaving Piggys/venues) late at night so many times previously without incident. My friend did not want to return to Piggys the following night because we would have to walk past the same spot on the way home. I talked my friend into returning to Piggys because I didn't want to let them ruin our holiday. It was that night that I met the new owner Scott(I think that is his name) and discussed with him the issues of the previous night. I understand that Scott is limited in what he can do, but Scott/surrounding business/police really need do something about the thefts/crimes against tourists as eventually it will start affecting their business. Unfortunately we did not return to Piggys after that.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

What an awesome spot to come day or night !
We loved meeting the new owner Scott! His a really nice guy, makes you feel welcome and loves to have a chat.
Loved coming of a night to sit back and listen to Remy sing while enjoying a super cold Bintang!
Cheap drinks, fantastic location and the staff are awesome!
Can't wait to come back!

Scott B, Owner at Piggy's Bar and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Alison,thank you from all of us at Piggys Bar and Cafe. It means so much to us that you had a great time. Cheers from the crew at Piggys.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Had a birthday party here, had a wonderful time. Surprisingly the food here is very good. Best Nasi Gorang I had in Bali. A must for Aussie travellers in Kuta

Scott B, Owner at Piggy's Bar and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thanks Kim,we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.From myself and all the staff thank you and we all would like to see your smiling face again.Cheers.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Popped in for lunch with the 2 children had a Nasi as I do ,son got an Aussie burger and some chips for the 5 yr old , nice n easy , couple of Bintang, couple soft drinks $22 Aussie for the lot happy days.

Scott B, Owner at Piggy's Bar and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thanks Brad,glad the family enjoyed your time at Piggys Bar and the food and price were to your liking.Kindest regards Scott.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Went multiple time and every time we went staff gave us the wrong change but after questioning them they pull the rest of the change out of there back pocket... also food is unbelievably disgusting and there breakfast is seriously the worst thing I've ever eaten.

Scott B, Owner at Piggy's Bar and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Id just like to respond to Chelsea B.As i have just purchased Piggys Bar and Cafe and have been tying up loose ends back in Collie W.A.My past history with Piggys Bar is nothing but praise to all the staff,the food and service has been of a high standard.I apologize wholeheartedly and i will do my utmost to rectify the matter.Kindest regards.Scott