I stayed here in October 2011 with my mum and two of her friends. My mum and I were in room 317 which had a small verandah with table and chairs, a double bed, satellite TV, bathroom with shower in the bath, air con, tea and coffee making facilities and a sitting area. Quite a large room but the air con only went down to 18 degrees celicius so it could have been a bit cooler. There were about 6 TV channels with English programs including HBO, CNN and ABC. The shower was only OK as the shower head was quite low and not very powerful. The room was cleaned daily. Our room was right next to the larger pool which was great! The larger pool was half in shade 24/7 which meant that the water was still cool enough for it to be refreshing PLUS we didn't have to worry about sunscreen or rash vests. It was also big enough to do laps in (apporx. 25m).
A buffet breakfast was included with the price of our room. It unclided fresh fruit, tea, coffee and juices, small pastries, toast, corn flakes, eggs and various Indonesian and Western hot dishes (e.g. Nasi Goreng, chicken sausages, bacon, lasagne.)
The location was good as it was about a ten minute from Kuta and Poppies lane so you weren't in the thick of things however you were still close enough to go there for shopping and he restaurants. It was also close to the Disocery Centre and Matahari shopping centres. The only down side was that the only diect way to the beach from the hotel was down a ladder, otherwise you have to walk around the block through the markets. Also very close to money exchange, Waterbom park and restaurants.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and were very patient with me as I practiced my Indonesian.
Would definitely recommend this to a friend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you so much for selecting Melasti Kuta Bungalows as your home away from home. Build and founded among set of tropical garden and exotic plants, Melasti Kuta bungalows & Spa, Provide you a sense of calm holiday and peace of mind. Just 5 minutes drive from airport on the Kuta Beach, close to the biggest shopping area on Kuta, Waterboom Park and Yes! Kuta night life. When Balinese hospitality meets western comfortability, you can have the word "Melasti" in mind meeting all of your expectation available in various rooms categories : Suite Room, Deluxe Room, Superior Room, and Standard Room for those who wish to have the whole comfortability at home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Zenrooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melasti Kuta Bungalows and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melasti Beach Bungalows Hotel Kuta
- Melasti Beach Bungalows And Spa
- Melasti Beach Hotel
- Melasti Kuta Bungalows And Spa Bali