US$71
US$66
US$100
US$71
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
US$148
US$118
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$78
US$106
US$88
Agoda.com
The Kana Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$44
Holiday Inn Express Bali Raya Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$39
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$148
US$133
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Hotel Terrace At Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$20
Priceline
All reviewstold staffclean sheets and towelssmaller pooldiscovery mallsouth kutafew minutes walkstar hotelrestaurants and shopsbusy kuta
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The best thing about the Melasti is it's locality. Right on the beach and only a short walk to the beach restaurants out the back, and markets directly out the front. 5-10 minute walk to Legian markets. Some parts need maintanence but hey, my air con played up and within 2 mins i had 3 guys there to fix it and never had another issue. 2 pools is handy during the busy times. did not have any problems with bringing in drinks for our mini bar from the mini mart, never checked my bags. Room was cleamed everyday witout a request. Very friendly staff!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor by the 1st pool is ideal
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here in October 2011 with my mum and two of her friends. My mum and I were in room 317 which had a small verandah with table and chairs, a double bed, satellite TV, bathroom with shower in the bath, air con, tea and coffee making facilities and a sitting area. Quite a large room but the air con only went down to 18 degrees celicius so it could have been a bit cooler. There were about 6 TV channels with English programs including HBO, CNN and ABC. The shower was only OK as the shower head was quite low and not very powerful. The room was cleaned daily. Our room was right next to the larger pool which was great! The larger pool was half in shade 24/7 which meant that the water was still cool enough for it to be refreshing PLUS we didn't have to worry about sunscreen or rash vests. It was also big enough to do laps in (apporx. 25m).

A buffet breakfast was included with the price of our room. It unclided fresh fruit, tea, coffee and juices, small pastries, toast, corn flakes, eggs and various Indonesian and Western hot dishes (e.g. Nasi Goreng, chicken sausages, bacon, lasagne.)

The location was good as it was about a ten minute from Kuta and Poppies lane so you weren't in the thick of things however you were still close enough to go there for shopping and he restaurants. It was also close to the Disocery Centre and Matahari shopping centres. The only down side was that the only diect way to the beach from the hotel was down a ladder, otherwise you have to walk around the block through the markets. Also very close to money exchange, Waterbom park and restaurants.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and were very patient with me as I practiced my Indonesian.

Would definitely recommend this to a friend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank closetmonster
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were on Bali in 4 hotels and just in this hotel we met with so spoilt staff! We had to wait for response everytime! Rooms need restoration, they look unattractive, furniture is very old. My opinion is that you can find better hotel for the same money with friendly and kind staff. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

After 1 day staying in Barong hotel I decided to change my hotel as soon as possible.
The reason that i select Barong was because of my good time and services there when I travel to bali in 2009 but now it is totally changed.OK I'm not going to write a review for Baron hotel since It is Melasti hotel turn.
A very important tip to take the rooms is to do reservation by one of the expert tourist stands in street (I did by MBA) and you can save around 30 USD/day
The hotel is walking distance to most of attractions and shopping centers in Kuta like Discovery mall and Matahari.
The water boom also located few steps from hotel
The breakfast is basic but fresh,is is consist of egg,fruit,local foods,spring rolls,.......
I love the pools,there are two medium size pools with green lash around.
If you have problem with your leg,please avoid to accomodate in 3rd and 4rth floors since there is no elevator .
Rooms are quite big equipped with bathtub,TV,refregerator,hairdrayer,tea and coffee maker,......
I paid 80 USD for dbll room and it is good price for the quality.
Please keep in to account that apart from christmas,chinees new year,... consider the Indonesia national holidays becuase alot of people comes to bali and really it is difficult to find a room
for sure if I come back to bali i wll stay in Melasti beach and Bungallow,don forget that there are 2 Melasti hotel in Bali but the best is Melasti beach and bungallow
have a nice trip

Room Tip: If you have a healthy body the 4rth floor has a great view Do reservation through a reputable expert tourist desk - its is more cheaper than the internet rates level floors is suitable for disabled amd old peoples (I saw disabled people with wheelchair)
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rezaghgh
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We had 16 days in Sanur before having our last week at the Melasti.
We called into the Melasti a week before we were due, just to confirm our booking which we did through Agoda.
The receptionist could find no record of our booking, we had left confirmation details in Sanur, but took all our details and said it wouldn't be a problem as they were not fully occupied.
On arrival at the due date we found we had booked one day out ( our error ) which meant we were not originally booked in for the first night and we had booked one night after we were due to fly home. Despite their earlier assurance - no problem- we had to pay an extra 1.2 million to stay this night with no refund for the night booked after our flight home.
Our deluxe room 232, had no balcony - rooms 231 - 234 (235 padlocked) all open into the Art Market which opens into the street. Anyone looking up has a perfect view of the toilet and any guest having a shower. A curtain is provided (pity we were not initially aware of our inadvertent exhibitionism) but housekeeping pull this back and open the bathroom window each morning. Noise 10am until after the Art Market closes at midnight was loud and intrusive.
We immediately asked to move into one of the empty rooms across the corridor (2 of which remained empty our entire stay
Our room overlooked the Art Market which was very noisy and was open until midnight every day.
We asked if we could change rooms to move across the corridor (identical rooms with outside balcony) no, those rooms cheaper - 2 remained empty throughout our stay. We were finally (after we had unpacked) told a room was available up a further 4 flights of stairs, we declined.
Housekeeping were prompt each morning and removed wet towels at least 5 hours before some replacements were supplied, hand towels were supplied twice and once having made three requests for replacements we were even supplied a bath mat! Other essential items (ie toilet paper) were usually supplied on request but pool towels were an added challenge! They did however open and check the contents of the bedroom drawers, after the second occasion we returned to hear this we moved our belongings into the wardrobe locking it and taking the key when leaving our room. Handbasin blocked, bedside light not working, jug boils but will not turn off, hair dryer and internal door lock also broken none of these problems were rectified.
Breakfast was just a shambles, they would run out of juice, tea, glasses and cups, the one toaster only worked on one side and the egg station cook just could not cope with all the guests.
The only positive thing we can say about the Melasti were the two great swimming pools and central location. Cost including breakfast deluxe room (as described) for one night $168.00NZ.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple