US$81
US$67
US$79
US$71
  • Pool
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$77
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$104
US$81
Agoda.com
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
US$168
US$132
US$39
HIExpress.com
EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$26
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Terrace At Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$35
US$384
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclean sheets and towelstold staffsmaller pooldiscovery mallsouth kutafew minutes walkstar hotelrestaurants and shopsbusy kutaaustralia
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We had a great stay at the Melasti and would definitely come back again. The staff were always friendly and helpful and remembered our names everytime we saw them.

The location of the hotel is a 5-10 minute walk (depending how lost you get) from Pantai Kuta and the main night clubs and bars on Jalan Legain. We never had the need to take a cab the whole time we were there. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel, as well as shops and the Discovery Mall which is only a minute down the road. The hotel backs onto the beach however there is no 'direct access' so you will need to climb down a ladder behind the pool area to access the beach more quickly!The hotel is fairly quiet and we couldn't hear much of the surrounding noise when we went to bed which we really appreciated.

The rooms were very large and the beds were comfortable. The majority of the rooms have a big balcony to sit on and a lot of these overlook the pool. The rooms were cleaned daily and were tidy however the bathrooms are a bit old and could do with an upgrade. There are no safes in the room but the front desk does have safety deposit boxes which are free to hire.

The pool is a basic but it is clean and nice enough to cool off in and drinks can be ordered to the pool.

The Melasti is by no means a 'resort' but it is a nice place to relax for a few days and a good place to base yourself for exploring the surrounding area without having to stay right in the thick of Kuta. The Melasti provides everything that you need for a nice stay - good price, location, cleanliness and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first and choose one near the back pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank sezbo_25
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The best thing about the Melasti is it's locality. Right on the beach and only a short walk to the beach restaurants out the back, and markets directly out the front. 5-10 minute walk to Legian markets. Some parts need maintanence but hey, my air con played up and within 2 mins i had 3 guys there to fix it and never had another issue. 2 pools is handy during the busy times. did not have any problems with bringing in drinks for our mini bar from the mini mart, never checked my bags. Room was cleamed everyday witout a request. Very friendly staff!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor by the 1st pool is ideal
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here in October 2011 with my mum and two of her friends. My mum and I were in room 317 which had a small verandah with table and chairs, a double bed, satellite TV, bathroom with shower in the bath, air con, tea and coffee making facilities and a sitting area. Quite a large room but the air con only went down to 18 degrees celicius so it could have been a bit cooler. There were about 6 TV channels with English programs including HBO, CNN and ABC. The shower was only OK as the shower head was quite low and not very powerful. The room was cleaned daily. Our room was right next to the larger pool which was great! The larger pool was half in shade 24/7 which meant that the water was still cool enough for it to be refreshing PLUS we didn't have to worry about sunscreen or rash vests. It was also big enough to do laps in (apporx. 25m).

A buffet breakfast was included with the price of our room. It unclided fresh fruit, tea, coffee and juices, small pastries, toast, corn flakes, eggs and various Indonesian and Western hot dishes (e.g. Nasi Goreng, chicken sausages, bacon, lasagne.)

The location was good as it was about a ten minute from Kuta and Poppies lane so you weren't in the thick of things however you were still close enough to go there for shopping and he restaurants. It was also close to the Disocery Centre and Matahari shopping centres. The only down side was that the only diect way to the beach from the hotel was down a ladder, otherwise you have to walk around the block through the markets. Also very close to money exchange, Waterbom park and restaurants.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and were very patient with me as I practiced my Indonesian.

Would definitely recommend this to a friend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank closetmonster
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were on Bali in 4 hotels and just in this hotel we met with so spoilt staff! We had to wait for response everytime! Rooms need restoration, they look unattractive, furniture is very old. My opinion is that you can find better hotel for the same money with friendly and kind staff. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

After 1 day staying in Barong hotel I decided to change my hotel as soon as possible.
The reason that i select Barong was because of my good time and services there when I travel to bali in 2009 but now it is totally changed.OK I'm not going to write a review for Baron hotel since It is Melasti hotel turn.
A very important tip to take the rooms is to do reservation by one of the expert tourist stands in street (I did by MBA) and you can save around 30 USD/day
The hotel is walking distance to most of attractions and shopping centers in Kuta like Discovery mall and Matahari.
The water boom also located few steps from hotel
The breakfast is basic but fresh,is is consist of egg,fruit,local foods,spring rolls,.......
I love the pools,there are two medium size pools with green lash around.
If you have problem with your leg,please avoid to accomodate in 3rd and 4rth floors since there is no elevator .
Rooms are quite big equipped with bathtub,TV,refregerator,hairdrayer,tea and coffee maker,......
I paid 80 USD for dbll room and it is good price for the quality.
Please keep in to account that apart from christmas,chinees new year,... consider the Indonesia national holidays becuase alot of people comes to bali and really it is difficult to find a room
for sure if I come back to bali i wll stay in Melasti beach and Bungallow,don forget that there are 2 Melasti hotel in Bali but the best is Melasti beach and bungallow
have a nice trip

Room Tip: If you have a healthy body the 4rth floor has a great view Do reservation through a reputable expert tourist desk - its is more cheaper than the internet rates level floors is suitable for disabled amd old peoples (I saw disabled people with wheelchair)
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple