Adhi Jaya Hotel
Kuta Central Park Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$26
  • Breakfast included
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$53
Agoda.com
Maharani Beach Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$31
  • Pool
US$42
US$35
Agoda.com
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$69
Agoda.com
Febri's Hotel & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Pool
US$146
US$131
Travelocity
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$65
Poppies Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$77
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdiscovery mallwaterbom parknice small hotelswim up barsataywater bomb parkpool areaexcellent hotelrooms are cleanbusy roadcentral locationlocation is greatshopping centregreat poolmini martmoney changerdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Ok. First I'd like to say that I'm quite shocked of some of the negative reviews that I've read on here. I can see that the complaints are mostly the same, but I can say I had almost none of these problems during my 17 nights stay. I travelled to Bali with 7 of my friends staying in Adhi Jaya from July 19th till August 5th. I chose this hotel because of the fair price and good reviews (most of the really neagtive ones were added after I came home).

Upon arrival we were greeted by smiling faces. Check-in was fast and easy. We had booked 3 deluxe rooms, 2 of them with one extra bed in each. These had not been put in the rooms. They fixed this problem quickly and without a problem.

During our stay we had no problems at all. There was some constructionwork going on while we were there, but we didn't notice it at all. From our rooms we couldn't hear any traffic at all. A very peaceful hotel considering it's central location. 1 minute walk to the Discovery Mall which has loads of different stores varying from local souvenir stalls to Quicksilver, DC, Adidas and Hurley shops. Discovery Mall also has KFC, Burger King and Dominos. There is also a Mini Mart open 24/7 only 1 minute walk from the hotel. 5 minute walk to Kuta Beach and 10 minute drive from the airport. In other words, a perfect location. If you like to party, Legian Street is 5-10 minutes on a scooter-taxi.

The staff were just amazing. Always saying hello and some of them remembered our first names. New towels and bed sheets almost every day. I think our rooms were cleaned every day except Sundays, but I can't quite remember. The cleaning was done properly and to our satisfaction. No mold in our rooms. Our rooms had a small fridge with a small open freezer unit in the top. There is a nice flatscreen with some international channels like CNN and BBC. Could be more, but those were the only ones I was watching. There is also a safe in the rooms which are free of charge to use. As I mentioned above, we had the Deluxe rooms. Outside there were a small table with two chairs and an installment to dry your clothes on.

The pool area is very nice. One part of it separated for children use. There is a small pool bar which can offer a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. There is rarely any staff there since there is not a lot of people there, but it's easy to get ahold of someone that can help you. The restaurant is quite nice and serves good food. I didn't have alot of meals there, but the ones I had were very good. Breakfest is only ok, but at least it's included. You get 1 hour free Wi-Fi if you eat there, but you have to ask the waiter to get a note with username and password. Any other time you have to pay to get Wi-Fi access. It's not especially fast, but ok for checking your e-mail, Facebook etc. The drinks in the bar are quite expensive. Much cheaper if you go to the Mini Mart and bring back to your room.

The few negatives I have are as follows:
- There are a few mice running around at nighttime, but the hotel have some cats on the property which keeps the amount of mice down. Still, not very nice
- At times there are alot of ants by the pool. Let the staff know and they will bring some kind of spray killing them instantly :)
- One of the staffmembers asked us a couple of times when we were checking out. He was saying it with a smile so maybe he was just trying to be funny, but to me it seemed he wanted to get rid of us. He cleaned our rooms, and since we did some partying he probably had to use longer time.
-The security guards by the gate asked us several times if we wanted prostitutes, magic mushrooms or motorbikes. They are there to make sure we're safe, nothing else.

All in all this was an amazing hotel which will cover most peoples needs. We'll defenetly be back!

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe room!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fredrik M
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This place is practically a construction site and the construction worker are hammering 16 hours a day and I was told they will finish the refurbishment until mid November to give a new look to the hotel from Christmas. Not only the hotel site, the The Eden, Kuta Terrace villas and Kodak Shop money exchange all surrounding areas are going through a mad construction phrase. I assume until November, it will be a very noisy and a hellish experience for asthmatic people. I left after day 1. Thank god, didn’t make any extended booking with this hotel. When I mentioned the inconvenience, the answer was: refurbishments/construction of new hotels is an ongoing part of our development, what is unusual about this? I found blood stain (not fresh) on towels, had doubt about the freshness of my bed sheets, mould (and funny deep brown stuff) in shower/toilet area. Guest had to have a cold shower as they had a disruption of water supply in the evening. Very very annoying bad smell even in first floor rooms (already mentioned by others). I can forgive them for everything, but not for failing to maintain the acceptable cleaning standard (as labor is so cheap and the room rate was $85+ per night, just need a bit of good will to offer a pleasant experience to their guests I suppose). Breakfast was reasonably good, but you can buy a similar quality breakfast from outside for $1.60! Absolutely horrible coffee, tea was even worse. Location is very good, but do you want a good location, but a very unclean, moldy and noisy place for your well deserved holiday, spending $85+ per night in Asia? It not a good trade off for me, so I won’t.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Morning S
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I went with a group of 8 people and we had "Deluxe" rooms around the pool area. Upside: these rooms (Nos 114 to 119) are near the 'action' and nice and handy if you want to use the pool a lot. Downside: the rooms are a bit tired and well used and the bathrooms in particular were pretty bad with mould and rust stains etc. I had to change rooms because the air conditioning didnt work and then the phone didnt work in the room I moved into. Some of the rooms had a very bad smell (from the drains?). The other downside for rooms 114 through to 117 is that they lined the main walkway from the reception to the rest of the hotel so if you are light sleeper then you could get disturbed by people walking past all the time. One of our group (in 117) complained they could hear the traffic noise from the street, but I must admit I didnt hear that. However, in Room 114, I did get disturbed frequently by people shuffling past at all hours, and in particular when the staff were cleaning the pool area at 4am. My original room(118) had very few people walking by so it was much quieter - but of course the air conditioning was broken so I couldnt stay there.

The hotel was undergoing renovations whilst we were there so if I would recommend anyone staying here to try to get one of those rooms (sorry I forgot to note down the room numbers). Or, if you want to be in a quiet area - away from the pool for example as it can get noisy there far into the wee small hours - there are some lovely rooms around the back including two "bunglalow type" accomodations that looked like they would be perfect for a couples retreat (there were two bungalow style buildings with two doors - so assume two rooms per bungalow). There are upper floor rooms too but no lift so wouldnt recommend them to anyone that has problems with stairs.

I thought the beds were too hard but some of our group said they were fine (but they liked firm beds). Breakfast was included and consisted of fresh fruit, juices, some cereals and asian breakfast items but there was an "egg station" where you could get a lovely omelette made up (or any other type of egg dish of course, but I found they were not very good at doing poached eggs for example).

All in all it was a pleasant enought hotel and the staff were very very nice and patient. The location was pretty good, with Discovery Shopping Centre right across the road and direct access to the beach from there and Waterbom Park practically next door.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Having read all the wonderful comments about this hotel, I did not hestitate to quickly book this hotel because of its location and it's our first time to visit Bali. However, when we checked in, we found that the hotel room is cleaned esp the bathroom - it is filthy and smelly!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ana T
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We decided to give this hotel a try after reading all the great Reviews on tripadvisor, but we were disappointed when we arrived to find major renovations taking place which made a relaxing holiday a headache. Breakfast was less than average and we found the food and drinks to be quite expensive in comparison to other 5 star hotels. The frount desk staff were quite rude to us after complaining about the noise from dusk till dawn, their attitude stayed that way until we departed. What a shame. Other than that the hotel room was quite nice for what you pay for even if the towel rail fell off the wall and the mould was healthy in the shower. They make their money on drinks and food. Cocktails seemed to be watered down. Our seafood dinner on one particular night was far from pleasing as the crab was way over cooked and the rest not so tasty. Could have been better. Never again. Glad to be home for some peace and quiet!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple