“Delicious Sate & Beef ribs”
Review of Gourmet Sate House

Gourmet Sate House
Ranked #7 of 992 Restaurants in Kuta
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The concept of Gourmet Sate house is to specialise in lots of different sates, we currently have 12 different types in our first outlet on Jalan Dewi Sri. So all customers can find what there are looking for. The big charcoal grill is certainly the main feature, the aim is to offer great Restaurant quality food, in a clean and hygienic environment, to prices which are also affordable to locals. On top of that we provide other traditional Indonesian dishes, and more Items on the BBQ to make the most of our Concept. It is a street food concept on a more upmarket scale with more variety, higher quality produce, in very different setting of course. We praise ourself not to add any MSG, and use only natural ingredients, we make all our own spice pastes, sauces, and dessert on the premises.
Reviewed 25 September 2014

Found this place on T.A. and I am very glad I did.I loved all the sates, and my beef ribs were super delicious as well. Friendly staff, they don t speak much English but were all efficient and smiling all the time.Great prices for the quality of food, and no MSG as well.Can only recommend if you are after some Indonesian food with focus on Sates to very affordable prices.

1  Thank Patrick G
There are newer reviews for Gourmet Sate House

Reviewed 18 September 2014

it was the smell of the charcoal grill outside which drew us in. They have it all going for them, among all this places on dewi sri. Funky little fit out inside, great tunes, big open grill out side, but the highlight is no doubt the food. Sate are tender, juicy, and all served with rice or lontongs ( is sticky rice my waiters explain to me ), pickles and the peanut sauce is amazing (WORLD CLASS)
I love the Ikan Bali.. is char grilled mahi mahi filet with some kind of spicy balinese sauce. My wife could not get passed the sate lilit, fish sate on lemon grass skewers. We end up dinning at sate house three times. Thanks to tripadvisor!! The value you got on the place is truly amazing... is worth to travel from Nusa dua where we stay to enjoy the sate. and do yourself a favor and try the cinnamon orange brulee to finish off. wow... I want to come back here again next time!

4  Thank Roberto d
Reviewed 18 September 2014

Good sate dishes. Modern style resto. They often played dance music as "back ground" music. It was a bit too loud. The music doesn't match with the atmosphere. It makes it to western orientated. Still a popular place by locals too. Jl. Dewi Sri is turning in to a nice food street. Try the tapioca pearls with mango and ice cream dessert. Very yummy!

3  Thank Will's T
Reviewed 15 September 2014

LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED this place! We stayed at the Fontana Hotel a few 100 metres down the road and found this place on our 2nd to last night in Bali - I wish we had found it our first night. I had the chicken satay and the corn fritter satay. Simply delicious, tender & well presented. Each meal was served with rice and delectable pickled vegetables. I was hesitant about posting a review about you guys as I wanted to keep you as my little secret - guaranteeing to always get a seat :-) When a place is super busy as you are - You just know that you have a little something special going on. I have been converted and will patron this place each time I visit Bali.

3  Thank Just0neMore
Reviewed 15 September 2014

we tried it last night and ordered squid satay, chicken satay, rabbit satay, lamb satay, tempe & perkedel jagung.
we also ordered soto ayam & gado gado .
everything was good, except maybe soto ayam that was a little bland.
satay portion & size was a little smaller than we expected it would be
my partner like the squid satay. the rabbit & lamb satay was good also. Gado2 was quite tasty as well .
the service was good & quick . our waitress was very friendly & patient, she really made us feel comfortable being there.

Been to Gourmet Sate House? Share your experiences!