We stayed at the Laguna for 16 nights (yes, I know, but it's a long way from the UK!) and really enjoyed our holiday there. The hotel was immaculately clean and I echo other comments made here about the lovely gardens and pools. By far the best aspect though was the staff, who couldn't do enough for us. Mrs stunjamie had her *cough* birthday while we were out there and we really felt like we were treated like friends rather than guests. Well done Dian and Agus at Kulkul and Parka and Putra at Sapphire especially! We stayed in a suite - practical as we were travelling with our 14-year old son - and it was spacious and comfortable. The butler service was great and the coffee was much appreciated. Breakfast buffet was also good, with a great deal of choice. Eating at 10am or so was quite enough to last until the evening.
Like many others who have reviewed the hotel, and most of the guests we met out there, we found the onsite restaurants to be rather expensive, though the other 5* hotels in Nusa Dua were similarly priced. The Bali Collection and a few individual restaurants (Nusa Dua Cafe was good and reasonably priced), as well as a snack bar at the southern end of the beach, past Melia (Warung Maria, cheap beer, laundry arranged locally and at a fraction of hotel prices), make things rather more affordable. It is a shame though to see the lovely restaurants and bars at the Laguna largely deserted - I can't help thinking more special offers / happy hours would better utilise the facilities.
Meeting and talking with other tourists from all parts of the world while we were there, I must say that I think Bali, despite its obvious attractions, is going to price itself out of the market if it's not careful, with Thailand and the Philippines seemingly offering much better value. £30 for a bottle of plonk in the supermarkets really just isn't good enough. The locals were just as annoyed by what appears to be government taxes pushing prices up everywhere. Obviously, this is just a general comment about Bali and not a criticism of the hotel.
Overall we had a great stay and would certainly return to the Laguna again if we go back to Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua