All reviews rooftop bar private pool stayed for nights egg station bali receptionist taxi honeymoon
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

When we booked this hotel as part of a package through Expedia in early 2016 the reviews on the whole were positive. I was dismayed after booking but before we arrived in July to see the reviews consistently declining. And having now stayed at Amaroossa Suite we can see why.

Our booking from 6 months prior was clearly for 2 adults and one child. Not sure why, when we arrived to check in at around 6pm there was no provision made for our 14 year old child, just one king size bed in the room.
We had to wait for this to be rectified with a single mattress being placed directly on the floor of the tiled room. We were expecting at least a roll in/fold up bed. This was particularly alarming when we were woken one night half way through our stay with a rat rustling through our belongings on the hotel floor.

Despite there being 3 people in the room house keeping only ever delivered us two towels and two bottles of water. We had to ask every day of of 8 night stay for an extra towel and face cloth. One one occasion had to ask for a roll of toilet paper! Doesn't that come as standard?

We are sure the hotel would have been nothing short of luxurious when it was built, but it appears that maintenance and general upkeep has not been a priority. Whilst the concept was cool, our pool suite was totally underwhelming. The room smelt of a mixture of damp and sewage, there were large gaps in the sliding door leading to the pool to allow aforementioned rat to break into our room and there were tiles broken/missing around the pool area.
Whilst I didn't find the linens to be dirty as such, they were certainly stained from previous usage.

Whilst we are in a foreign country we try to embrace local foods etc. Although, travelling with a child, we did find it disappointing at the lack of western style food available at breakfast. Even though our package included daily breakfast we did spend half our holiday finding alternative breakfast arrangements. Even something simple like providing a toaster for what tasted like stale bread would have improved the breakfast offerings.

We didn't use the pool. We were however woken at 6.30am every morning with children playing in the pool. All the pool suites seem to be placed around the pool so no escaping noise. Not sure why management don't recognise this potential problem and put restrictions on pool usage times?

If we were based in Nusa Dua again, we would rather spend more money and stay somewhere nicer.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank twebster75
Ricky J, General Manager at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind review toward our hotel services lately.
On behalf of the entire staffs & Management I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the bad experience that you had during your stay with us recently.

Your comment was highly appreciated and we will do our utmost to make this kind of issue will never occur again from our valuable guests like yourself.
We constantly strive to provide excellent service to our customers.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Pros :
- The room is big and clean
- The service is quite good
- The location is ok
- Value for price hotel
- The rooftop pool is nice

Cons:
- The breakfast is not too good and the don't have many variety
- The swimming pool is very basic

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Henry,

Many thanks for your kind comments about our hotel which are highly appreciated.
We will do our best to improve the quality of our breakfast.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I just read all the other bad reviews and its all true. Too bad I didn't read it before I checked in. I feel bad giving negative reviews.

Hotel is not well maintained, dirty, rust etc. I had 2 sinks. One was leaking heavily the other one was spurting out water(perfect!). AC not cold. Could here doorbells and neighbouring rooms noise. The list would probably continue if I had stayed longer.

The pro is the size of the room but thats it.

Internet was not a fun experience. I can't comment on breakfast because only stayed there for a night. But if I could be harsh it does look a little bit .... well I should say it needs improvement. At least put a toaster there please..

With the rate given to me I am sure I would have gotten a better stay somewhere else.

Anyway, I guess this will be replied by the same defensive argument from the management. Why not start doing something. Peace.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Mario,

Thank you for your kind review toward our hotel facilities and services during your stay with us recently.

We will do our best to fix the problems and constantly strive to provide best services to all of our valuable guests.

Ricky Johasyah Sudharma

Reviewed 16 July 2016

SUMMARY / TLDR:
A. This hotel is 99.9% perfect if you are:
A businessperson having meeting in Nusa Dua area but you cannot stay in international chain hotel as it is out-of your budget. To keep you stay on-schedule, you must find a nearby hotel. And since you’ll have various snacks in your meeting, you don’t mind to skip the breakfast at hotel.

But, you need calm, peaceful, and away-from-frenzied-frenetic-of-Bali nuanced as your meeting is already frenzied and hectic. You need a spacious room with super comfy bed and beddings. And, you might want to do your meeting sheet, by looking at starry night at your balcony or hotel’s café (it’s in rooftop!),

B. Consider twice if you are:
- Families with children who like to play in pool or playground (Swimming pool is small..)
- Honeymoon couple who want to go to sandy beach and doing watersports (But Pool Suite with private pool is quite cool for honeymooners, perhaps)
- Group of youngster or backpacker who want to enjoy life of Bali in day or night.

BREAKDOWN:
A. LOCATION
Speaking location of this hotel, it is quite having opposite values for me. This hotel is located in prime-spot, yet remote; spooky, yet soothing.

From airport, I easily access this hotel through Mandala Toll Road heading to Nusa Dua, and at the T-junction (end of the toll road) just turn right to Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai. Start from here, I payed attention to left side, cause I should spot Jl. Taman Kebo Iwa (500 m from T-junction). As there were no noticeable street name sign, no noticeable signboard of Amaroossa Hotel, and no adequate lighting (I traveled by night), I hardly find it and I passed by it almost twice.

Along Jl. Taman Kebo Iwa (or famously as Taman Mumbul), there was also lack of lighting, so it is somewhat spooky for me. If you are traveling without vehicle, I slightly do not advice to go to this hotel at night. Amaroossa hotel is located 200 m from entrance of the street and at a higher elevation, so it’s easier to notice than Jl. Taman Kebo Iwa itself.

As this hotel took place in less-dense habitant area, only surrounded by couples villas and local house, it gave me a “remote and solitary” feeling. But, it is perfect if you are looking a soothing and calming ambience. Be noted, there was only 1 small convenience store nearby hotel (50 meters), so it’ll be better to prepare your logistics before arriving in this hotel.

And from Nusa Dua Convention Center, it's 10-min driving with car/motorcycle.

B. ROOM
I was staying in Royal Suite, consisted of separate bedroom from its common room. In common room (or maybe living room), there are wide & flat LED TV and sofas, a small “kitchen” (sink and microwave), a restroom in the living room, and a door heading to balcony.

Bedroom is spacious, around 35-40sqm, with big and very comfortable bed. There is also flat LED TV in your bedroom. Bathroom is spacious too; with bathtub, shower, and complete set of amenities and towels. And, I have my own balcony! I love to sit there starring at starry night, where I can see the toll road bridge and villages surrounds.

Overall, it’s a 5* hotel quality bedroom!

BREAKFAST
Honestly, I’m quite disappointed as I set the bar too high. This hotel showed a disparity between the luxury and lavish room, and a super-standard breakfast menus. I’m not going to put comment on restaurant’s interior design (which is quite standard too..), but I’d put more attention on the breakfast.

As far as I remember, I didn’t find stations I usually found in 4* hotel such as live-cooking station, local dishes, or Italian/Chinese/Japanese dishes. There are an egg-station, coffee station (but I should pay to have a cappuccino), bread station (flat bread, jams, and muffins/croissant), fruit and salads (2-3 type for each fresh vegetable and fruit), milk & cereal, and standard buffet corner (steamed rice, fried rice, fried glass noodle or kwetiau, 1 wok vegetable, and 2-3 meaty side dish).

Hence, for me, Amaroossa showed a lack of diversity at its breakfast menu. I stayed for 3 nights, and in those 3 breakfasts, I see no significant differences between the daily menus. A 4* hotel shouldn’t be like this.

FACILITIES / OTHER
- Quiet fast and responsive team and check-in/out procedure.
- A rooftop café, with, again, less variety menus of food and drinks. But the scenery is breathtaking in day or night.
- A relatively small pool, around 1.6m depth and 10m length.
- No business center and gym

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Rahadianti
Ricky J, Manajer Umum at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear Ms. Rahadianti,

Thank you for your kind review toward our hotel.
It was great pleasure and honor of receiving this kind of review which we always value.

At Amaroossa Suite Bali we strive to do our utmost to make our hotel guests feel like there were at their second home.
Although some facilities were not available as it has to be like other 4 star hotel, we are in the middle of restructuring the needs of purchasing some more stuffs whcih will benefit all of our guests.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The floor on the room dusty! The bathtub clogged. But the hot water is good. Exhaustfan on bathroom doesnt work. The amenities need attention! The shaver given has rusted already? How come be like this? If i dont noticed and use it . I dont think so it will be a disaster on me?
When i was stayed there . There are many group. And very noisy untill 3am. Hard to sleep. On the ceiling of toilet has water dropps and keep dropping and it does making weird sound all over the night.
The room lighting is poor. Too dark and the lighting colour seems mixed. Between yellow and white. What a messy lighting. Rooftop cafe really need tobe fixed. Its messy like a warehouse. ...
Overall i dont wanna come back to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Andre Buhlam,

Thank you for your kind review toward our hotel.
It is a valuable comment and we will make sure that the shaver will always in good condition.

We are in the middle of changing all the lamp in our guests' rooms and surrounded area of the hotel to make a brighter light.