“Satisfying, both gastronomically and financially.”
Review of Restoran Gandi

Restoran Gandi
Ranked #17 of 65 Restaurants in Singaraja
Cuisines: Chinese, Indonesian
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Typical warung so does not have much going for it visually but that is offset by it's huge menu of quality Chinese and local dishes topped by cheap prices. Parking at certain times of the day can be a problem but that is not unusual in Bali. It does have an air- conditioned dining room on the 1st floor for those of us who have had a hot and sweaty day shopping!

1  Thank Cenwag

Reviewed 15 April 2015

I went there today for lunch

Last night, at home, I dropped my reading glasses on the floor and did not get out of it easily. Today, I went to the Optikal Toko to repair the damage.

After that, I stopped by at GANDI and had a meal
Such nice tasty food

I had AYAM ASPARAGUS SOUP and BABI sate and hot lemon tea and also one cold lemon tea
And one white rice
All up, Rp45,100

Totally delicious

Just yummo

Try the Pork Satay because the sauce has hoi sin in it
Have it with white rice and a hot tea

1  Thank Cherokee235
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

Serving time was quite long, but it's worth to wait. Delicious chinese food , the portions are not too small, nor too big.
Nice!

Reviewed 31 January 2015 via mobile

This is definately the best value around Singaraja . It had been there for approx 30 years and after the food you would realize why . The same family has controlled this place since day one with the older lady there daily . We frequent this resto regularly and have taken our child since birth and he is known by all of tbr staff who look after him while we eat ..fabulous place to go.

1  Thank Neil G
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have tuned my home life to having great food available to me
When I venture out I do not usually go for food because I have everything I like and need at home

All the claims various food places make such as "we have the best xyz" and "our <put a name in here> is the best in Bali" are usually not that accurate

So when I go out, 99% of the time I do not go to a restaurant

However, I did go back to Gandi and it was very nice

I had already had a mug of tea at home and a chicken and rice dish we made, so I was not really famished
I also had, a couple of hours later, a fresh coconut, drinking the juice (1.5 glasses) and eating the soft new flesh by scraping it with a spoon
Coconuts are so delicious if you get them at the right time

But I rode nearby Gandi and it called out to me
I turned in, parked up, and told myself I only wanted an ice tea

I sat at the table and ordered an ice tea

Then I ordered a coconut juice and a Chicken Satay

The 3 things were perfect and sated my appetite

Gandi is a popular restaurant and at local's prices
I won't say what I paid but it wasn't a lot

It is not easy to find but here are some simple directions
Going to Singaraja from Lovina, you eventually come to the major intersection where you can go left or right, but not straight ahead
If you get that far, just back track 60 metres and on the right side is a 'square' of shops/warungs
That is where Gandi is
Go into that square
Park your vehicle
In the far right corner as you enter is Gandi
They have signs showing their name

1  Thank Cherokee235