Lowest prices for your stay
US$134
US$110
Booking.comUS$201
Hotels.comUS$134
Destinia.comUS$229
All reviews outdoor shower beach bungalow boutique hotel sanur beach beach front beach path bali putu
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 December 2020

Luxurious and yet authentic small Balinese hotel in cosy and quiet Sanur. Since 1962 and still owned by an Indonesian family..... Stunning beach, lovely bar and restaurant directly on the beach. The bungalows (the rooms) breathes Bali from 50 years ago, the staff is more than friendly and the atmosphere is great!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank advanmaaren
Sang Putu Wibawa, Other at Tandjung Sari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2020

Dear advanmaaren,

Thank you for your continued support and friendship for Tandjung Sari.

We are very happy learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope that your next visit will be able to enjoy it even more.

May we all always be given good health and we will be blessed with better opportunities in the upcoming new year 2021 .

Stay safe and healthy!

Reviewed 14 December 2020

We live in Bali and have often come to Tandjung Sari for lunch or dinner. This is a boutique hotel. The dinner menu is limited but what is on offer is excellent food at very reasonable prices. The pool side / beach side ambiance is unbeatable. All this is topped off by gracious attentive staff. It truly replicates Old Bali....magical!

On this occasion we stayed the night. The room / bungalow was everything we expected. It was a celebration of the best Balinese architecture, art and culture quietly understated at a very high quality. Read other reviews about this hotel ... of the many compliments all are understated.

It became a competition to find something that looked out of place!! ... We are old, retired, and not very busy! All we could come up with was the flip top bin in the bathroom that didn't fit with the Balinese furnishings. We are talking about the inside bathroom, not the alternative outdoor bathroom ... Yes there are 2 full bathrooms...inside and out.

Congratulations to the hotel management ... your standards are exceptional. Thank you for your hospitality Tandjung Sari!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank moondogy
Sang Putu Wibawa, Other at Tandjung Sari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2020

Dear Moondogy,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review for us.
We are very grateful for your extraordinary support, especially when we are in difficult times amid the current spread of the Covid-19 outbreak. And we are happy to know that you can still enjoy a meal at our restaurant even though the menu is currently smaller than it was before on our normal operation however, when you are back and would like to enjoy other food beyond what we currently offer on the menu, please contact us beforehand and we will be very happy, especially our chef, to help you further.

We are also happy to know that you can enjoy the style of our hotel that accentuates the traditional Balinese architectural style. And thank you for your advice about the trash bin in the bathroom that doesn't match the Balinese furniture around it. Please note that we temporarily require placing a closed trash bin as a necessity to meet the new normal requirements during the Covid 19 outbreak. And at this time, we are still looking for other alternatives that suit our style but it will take little more time and we are trying to replace it as soon as possible.

Once again, thank you for all your support and we hope to welcome you back to Tandjung Sari in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 November 2020

On an island that has some wonderful hotels, Tandjung Sari stands out. It has an elegance and integrity that reflects the character and personality of its owners (really more "hosts" than owners), the same family that have owned the hotel from its inception 50+ years ago. If you're looking for the brightest, shiniest thing in Bali this is not the place for you, but if you're looking for warmth, sophistication, beauty...there's nothing like it. A huge recommend.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank CWT15

Dear CWT15,

Thank you for your kind words about Tandjung Sari and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We are also glad that you feel that our hotel is more than just a place to stay but also a place that gives you the experience of being at home.

We always try our best to be able to improve our services to each of our guests at our current age of 58 years since we were founded in 1962.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tandjung Sari in the not too distant future.
Stay healthy and safe.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2020

I have visited this hotel many many times. I am a resident of Sanur and so pop in regularly to enjoy their restaurant.

It was with great dismay that during a recent visit the presence of some VIP's meant that my guest, my self and other diners were relegated to 2nd class customers.

The normally attentive staff became almost impossible to engage and on three different occaisions my waiter was distracted from attending to my table to put the needs of these other people first.

This experience was a dirty blemish on a previously excellent record.

I do not think this negative review will have terrible consequences for the venue but I do hope that someone in management reads this and realises that all customers should be treated with respect and taken care of well.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank FarAway791459
Tandjung Sari, General Manager at Tandjung Sari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Dear FarAway791459,

First of all, I deeply apologize for the unpleasantness you experienced during your visit at our Restaurant last Sunday. I completely understand how you feel. We are grateful for your comments and input. All feedback from guests is highly appreciated and helps us to evaluate our in-house standards.

I’m writing to you personally to tell you that I have looked into the matter myself, and I can assure you that this behavior will not happen again. It does not reflect the standards and values of Tandjung Sari.

I really do hope that this incident will not deter you from returning to Tandjung Sari. And it would be my pleasure to host you for a drink next time you come to Tandjung Sari so that we can discuss more of your impressions of the hotel.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Aviadi Purnomo

Reviewed 4 September 2020 via mobile

I’ve probably stayed in 300+ hotels throughout the world in Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Africa. Tandjung Sari is the absolutely the best hotel experience I’ve ever had!

I live in Ubud and came across Tandjung Sari as a beach getaway during Covid. Last month, I stayed at another hotel in Sanur and used their 250k Day Pass (credited towards food) since their beach, restaurant, facilities, and staff are so wonderful.

Then I returned and spent 4 nights in the Beach Bungalow. THIS HOTEL IS AMAZING! Each room and the grounds are like a museum, all the charm of Bali, with the amenities of a 5-star hotel.

It’s really quiet in Bali now, and I was sometimes the only guest. But I am sure the phenomenal staff treat every single guest like a queen or king even when it’s fully occupied. My only regret is not staying here longer.

They have very strict Covid-19 protocols and you will feel secure staying here in the midst of so much chaos now. The photo shows the sanitation seal on my room when I first arrived.

Makasih banyak to all of the staff, Avi, Pring, Kadek, Koko, Ayu, Putu, Tutu, Kosuma. You made my last days in Bali so special. I hope to return soon!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AnneXuan
Sang Putu Wibawa, Other at Tandjung Sari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Dear Ibu AnneXuan

Thank you for your kind review from your recent stay with us at Tandjung Sari. We are very happy that you have finally decided to stay at with us before departing back home, and I believe that you have arrived home safely and gathered with your family and loved ones.

We are very happy that you really enjoyed the experience during your stay with us, even started from your visit and spent you time at the beach and restaurant before staying at our place. I will also share this with all of our staff and I am sure that each and every single of them will be very happy to know it, especially for those whose names you mentioned above.

Hopefully the spread of the Covid 19 pandemic will soon pass so that all of us can continue our lives as before, even though we still have to continue to implement health protocols as we should, so that we can avoid other negative things that may arise in the future.

Once again, thank you for your support to all of us during this unfortunate situation and may all of us always be given health and safety.

Terimakasih dan sampai jumpa lagi di Tandjung Sari