“Hands down Fantastic!”

The Fire Station
Ranked #28 of 425 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Bar, European, Asian, Australian, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A lively GastroPub and grill..
Manama, Bahrain
“Hands down Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The place was marvelous. I am a beef eater living in India where a good beef dish is almost non-existent. I decided to indulge in the steak dish and I am so glad I did. It was tender and delicious. I also indulged in the spicy buffalo wings... SO GOOD! My friend had the beef pot pie and was in heaven the whole time she was devouring the dish. Beware, the pot pie is ginormous!

They have a great selection of wine, beer, and cocktails. I wish I had found this place earlier in my visit to Bali. I would have visited a few more times.

Tip: I suggest calling and making a reservation as this place is pretty popular. Did I mention that they also have wi-fi .

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mminahji
Hi ,

Thanks for the kind review.I think you had the imported Australian Sirloin which is a very good steak. The Buffalo wings are certainly spicy and Im glad you enjoyed them so much!

Please come again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
“Great addition to Sanur eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

The best burgers in Sanur (if only they could make chips like J@C Chicken up the road) and several other dishes also stand out such as the pork belly, steak and fish dishes. Prices are good too.

As a regular is do notice that things sometimes go awry when the chef has a night off or the manager is away, but generally service is excellent.

One criticism: I think the portions for the new Sunday roasts are too small -- a Sunday roast is a meal you should be able to get seconds, or thirds at. Many other venues offer "bottomless" Sunday carveries and while the food may not be quite as good, provide better value for money.

1 Thank SingaporeFox
Hi Singapore Fox,

I will personally go to J&C and check their chips! ( I love their takeaway chicken anyway!).
Im glad to hear you are a regular..we would know you by sight for sure..please come and let us know who you are.

You can have seconds on Sunday as well..its no problems..we will make that clearer in the future!

See you again soon I hope !
Isle of Man
“Fabulous Ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I wanted to try here as I had read other reviews and I must say I wasn't disappointed. The food is excellent, the ribs were amazing and the steak pie gorgeous with the portions large so go hungry!. The atmosphere is very lively and its a very fun place to go. There is a large selection of wines which are not too expensive although I think the pricing of the bottles of wine is a bit off as you would have to buy 5 single glasses of wine to match a the price of a bottle. ~The staff are very good, very attentive and the orders come quickly despite it being such a busy place. I will certainly pay a visit the next time I come to Sanur.

1 Thank Manx_kitten
Trippynick, Owner at The Fire Station, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thanks for the great review and you will be most welcome !
“3 x perfect at The Firestation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

So ended up spending our last night dinner at The Firestation after 3 months of traveling SE Asia and once again it was perfect. We have been here 3 times now while staying in Sanur and never got disappointed. We tried the steaks more than once, ribs are truly delicious and also the squid and asparagous starters were tip top. Manager/owner is also present and attentive. First time eating here the staff forgot to bill our steaks and when we of course pointed it out, manager offered free tequila shots on the house. If we ever visit Bali again, we will be back.

Thank you Firestation.

1 Thank Per J
Thanks very much Pe J.

Im so glad you loved the food so much.

That was also very honest of you and much appreciated!

Please come back soon...we will have new additions to the menu for you to try.
Perth, Australia
“Lively”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

A well run vibrant place to eat. Food and service were excellent. Drinks were a good standard too. Guaranteed a good night.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Laine1956
Thanks Laine1956,

Please visit again next time you are over from Perth