“Best We Had in Bali.”

Pengkola Warung
Ranked #44 of 486 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pengkola warung was located in front of traditional market sindhu sanur, small place with classic style and served local dishes such as lumpia goreng, pork rib, mix sate, nasi goreng, grill tuna! ...Simply Come n enjoy! Thanks
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'll qualify my title first; we don't eat at expensive restaurants. When in Bali we look for low to mid-priced food. I'm sure you could pay western prices for fancier food, but that's not our thing.

This was the best meal we ate in Bali on our most recent trip!
I had the nasi goring at $3.50 (Aussie dollars) and was impressed from the moment I saw it. It had all the trimmings, not just rice and egg. And it tasted great. I had a mojito, delicious, and my wife had a strawberry mojito which she loved.
I can't remember now what my wife ate but I do know she was in agreement that it was completely excellent.

It's a nice little setting and the staff couldn't be faulted.

If I could, I would rate the food and value higher than five!

1  Thank Simon D

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Pengkola is a cut above your standard Balinese Warung. The food is really nice, whether Indonesian or Western food, the latter being very reasonably priced compared to other venues. Visited multiple times during our week in Sanur, highly recommend if you're looking for a cheap eat.

1  Thank ROA771
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Very nice and pleasant restaurant. Good menu, also Western and Balinese food. Very good price value. One of the best food during our two weeks holiday, We have had dinner many times . Very pleasant staff. Absolutely perfect !

1  Thank Karel L
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice little warung, friendly staff and everything very clean. Food is very tasty, especially the curry was excellent, why we went there twice during our stay in Sanur.

1  Thank jo j
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner. Small Warung on corner of main Street. Lovely staff and great fresh food. Extremely cheap, especially the local dishes. Place was full when we left, so pretty popular. Recommended