See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Well, what can I say, it's my second home now. I have a private room next to the river, I do my yoga and meditation every morning at the beautiful yoga salon, I can hang out in my hammock in the balcony every afternoon and have my tea while reading some book or connecting with the other side of the world- online ...I'm staying here for 2 more months, so Michi people became my family and the place is one of the most peaceful and coziest places I found here in Ubud's heart. So happy and grateful to be here ❤️✨✨

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank SpiriTours
Reviewed 3 June 2015

To Michi Team,

I'd like to give some constructive criticism about booking at this retreat. I had a booking for Padamani room on the 30th of May. When I arrived at Michi Retreat at night, the reception was closed and there was an Ibu working at the hotel who said that the Padamani has not been prepared. In a matter of fact, she had no idea any guests were coming. There was no info from the hotel that we were coming. I thought that was very unprofessional! Lucky for me, I am Indonesian and had my own transport so going to other places was not an issue. She offered Mekong room at the same price. When we came to the room, there was an AC but no remote. The remote was no where to be seen. Also, only one out of the two rooms had AC. I would have very much appreciated if such details were included in the information about the room. If it was breezy, it would have been semi-fine, but no, it was musky. It is always nice to know what you're getting yourself into as opposed to getting surprises after surprises.

After 10 minutes or so, we decided to move hotels because there's just too many negatives.

I hope this can be consideration for future bookings and appointments.

For other tourists, I would confirm and double check the booking before showing up.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank Wibisoturtle
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Nice building, unique, the concept, I love the concept. But nice place without good people is nothing. And I can say that this place have lovely staff. So, good place, good team. Humble, people. Due to tight schedule we only stay for one night. But the feeling is like I feel bad to leave. I will be back, soon enough. Love this place so much!!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kania P
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have stayed at Michi on several occassions either when i was traveling solo or with friends. Tried Hotaru, Feng shui, Mekong, Tanah Kopi, and Only Yesterday which is my favourite. Michi is a small property but each room is unique and shows how much effort and passion have been put for this gem. Felt very much at home and nothing to complain about. Food is always awesome, staff are very polite and helpful. I definitely will go back there again!

Room Tip: Hotaru has double bed, Mekong can accomodate 3 adults, Just Yesterday is perfect for one family, Fengshui is for 2 adults, Anadolu is so pretty i would try it next time.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melvyn L
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Michi Retreat is absolutely beautiful, the mosaic detail and surroundings you cannot fault. The staff are polite, gracious, and it is the perfect getaway place when travelling solo or as a couple. Laying by the pool here is so relaxing and they have beautiful fresh breakfast available daily. I cannot wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple