Villa Sarna Ubud
US$333
US$296
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$349/night.

US$393
US$292
US$450
US$340
US$181
US$113
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$208
US$244
US$150
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$265
US$207
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

All reviewsroom servicefree shuttleminute driverice fieldsdrivervillajunglenaturehillsideasiamotorbike
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This was my umpteenth trip to Ubud, and I am so glad I chose to stay at Villa Sarna. Yes, it is about a 15 - 20 minute drive from the center of Ubud (due in part to the heavy traffic on a main street in Ubud), but Ubud has become so crowded and well on its way to being over commercialized that it has lost a lot of its charm (for me). The beauty and the tranquility of Ubud-that-used-to-be can be found at Villa Sarna.

Transport is only a problem if you make it one. The hotel has a shuttle that leaves every 2 hours (9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) and does an in-town pick up on the half hour if requested (11:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.) If you want to return to the Villa earlier, just hire one of the many people in Ubud asking if you want "transport". Just be sure to take a Villa Sarna business card with you in case your driver needs guidance to this out of the way retreat.

My particular "villa" did not have a balcony. (I was in Sarasweti.) I was told that of the 7, only 2 do. I did have an additional room off of the bedroom, though, with easy chairs, fridge, a few decorative pieces of furniture. Very comfortable.

The staff is wonderfully friendly and helpful. I returned to the villa rather late by private transport one evening and was met at the entry by one of the gentlemen working there. Although the walkway was well lit, he escorted me to my room with a flashlight. I felt well cared for. :)

Breakfasts are lovely.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank osolamio
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Huge room with breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. We experienced good service and ate some amazing meals at the restaurant. The resort is small and private and exquisitely manicured. We got to meet all the other guests during our short stay, but equally could have avoided them without much trouble if we had chosen.
A couple of gripes: our walk in wardrobe smelt a bit musty and the some of the fixtures and fittings in the room were a tad dated/ not quite 5 star; the apartments are a 20 minute drive from the (tourist) centre of Ubud. The latter actually worked out well for us as it meant we had true rest and relaxation, but it did make going out for dinner difficult. (There is a free shuttle bus that is as punctual as a Swiss train and runs every two hours.)
These really are minor gripes for me, but may be important to other people. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thereichinger
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just spent a few days at this fantastic retreat - wish we had booked for longer. Can't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Our stay at Villa Sarna was the highlight of our 10 day vacation! The grounds were very well kept. The gardens and view were so beautiful and made for a tranquil setting. After time in Seminyak and Kuta the peaceful location was welcome. While it is a distance from Ubud, the hotel provides a shuttle every 2 hours which we found perfect for dinner. The drivers were very obliging taking us to which ever location we wanted and picking us up in the same spot. It is near rice terraces which makes it a good place to begin sight seeing. Breakfast was very good.
As for service, it was so good that they went to Ubud in search of Aloe Vera for the sunburn my boyfriend got in Seminyak. When they could not find it the driver called the front desk and asked them to tell us. They came to the pool to tell us and then the driver called himself when he returned. I think they went beyond expectations in all respects.
I would recommend Villa Sarna to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank AnneLouisa
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in March 2012.
Positives
* Beautiful gardens
* great plunge pool
* The suite had a large master bedroom and lounge ( where they set up 2 folder beds for the kids.)
* breakfast was excellent
* WiFi was available and functioning well
* Computer available with fast connection in lounge area
* Master bed was super huge , very comfortable and had lovely white linen.
* But it is really the staff that make this small hotel :- nothing was too much trouble , they were always friendly and made our stay.
* we ate dinner by the pool each night ( kids too tired to take into Ubud) - service was quick, food was delicious and well priced.

Negative
* The only negative we had was about our actual room - there was a very musty smell that lingered the whole stay and was a result of the severe moisture damage to one wall , mould on three of the four ceilings and evidence of mould on the curtains. If this had not been the case I would have given Villa Sarna 5 stars. I did get the opportunity to look at 2 of the upstairs rooms (for couples not families) and they were beautiful, with great views and none of the issues we had in our room.

we did not find the 20 minutes out of Ubud a hassle at all .

Room Tip: stay upstairs (?brahma suite ) for great views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank picklesPerth
Villasarna, Owner at Villa Sarna Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review! We are so glad that you had a nice stay with us. We just wanted to let the TripAdvisor forum know that we have addressed the moisture damage issue in the Ganesha Suite almost immediately after this stay, broke down the walls, removed the residue and changed all of the curtains. As it is a tropical rainforest environment, this happened in the Ganesha suite but we fixed the problem as soon as we could. Thank you again!