Bisma Eight(Ubud)
US$98
US$158
US$109
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$185
US$231
US$213
US$505
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is truly an amazing find in Ubud. If you are looking to get away from the hectic atmosphere of Central Ubud, but still have it within walking distance (5-10mins) for restaurants, Ubud Market shopping etc, then this is the perfect place. Very serene and relaxing with a beautiful flower garden surrounding you. You wake up to the sounds of roosters crowing, an amazing sunrise amongst the rice paddies, and a delicious breakfast prepared by the owners- be sure to try the banana crepes and nasi goreng. One caveat to the birds chirping (which I loved) is that this also means an early wake up if you do not have ear plugs. The birds are quite noisy, but I appreciated the natural alarm clock as it guaranteed that I was up each morning to catch the sunrise. This is really a special place. I had planned on staying for only one night, but fell in love with the location and cancelled my reservation for the Laguna Resort in Nusa Dua changed my plans and booked an additional two days at Sawah Sunrise. The staff is extremely friendly and the husband and wife team are just adorable and wonderful to chat with.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and agree with the previous reviews that this is the place to live at if you want to avoid the little city's hustle and bustle, and if you can get by without wifi. Although cars and taxis cannot access this B&B, it is still possible (though a challenge) to ride a motorbike in and out as we have seen the locals do. Freelance taxi drivers are otherwise on stand by outside Abangan Bungalows if you need porter help or scooter transport in and out for a small fee. However, the 15 min walk wasn't so bad even in the night (and rain!) but just remember to bring a torch out with you and be prepared to get your shoes/feet wet if caught in the rain. We checked out Sari Organik and loved it! Cantika spa was okay, not fantastic for us but still a convenient stop when you live here. Love the vibe here from the staff and pets! We would have loved to stay here longer!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Have just returned from our 3rd trip to Ubud and Sawah Sunrise in 2 yrs. We would not think of staying anywhere else. Its peaceful and away from the busy main area. The noises of nature make it more enjoyable.We enjoy the walk as you see so much going on around the area. Also see the many frogs and at night the fireflies.
We missed Mary and Wayan's company as they are away but Suma, Nyoman & Koman are fantastic. Always ready with advice and help - and hot water for a cuppa. Rooms are kept spotless, gardens neat and tidy and breakfast always delicious. we consider them our friends and miss them heaps.Having Mary's dog Uma and 2 cats around also help to make us feel like we are at home not in a hotel.
New power poles are being installed to accommodate all the new buildings that are going up behind Sawah so hopefully they will be able to get WiFi in the future.
No hesitation in recommending again. Looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katonsite
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I just spent 3 great nights at Sawah Sunrise. It was idyllic set amid the rice paddies, on the path out to Sari Organic restaurant (which is wonderful). Mary and staff were all really friendly. This is a great place to simply kick-back and chill. Breakfasts are delish (I am now addicted to banana pancakes) and the sound of nature at night is a beautiful backdrop for sleep.
If you like to be in the middle of it all this is probably not the place for you (although only a 15 minute walk from the centre), there is no TV and no wifi... but if you want to relax, read a book, and take it slow (as I did) then I 100% recommend Sawah Sunrise.

Room Tip: If you get an upstairs room you can leave your windows wide open and catch the night-time breeze coming over the rice paddies.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank filmchick81
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed one night here because sadly it's all that was free. They have 4 rooms and seemed to be quite busy even in the low season so get in quick - it's worth it! The rate was really cheap and the room was great - comfortable clean and lovely views of the rice fields. The management were really responsive to emails and the staff were very friendly too. Its close to Sari Organik too which is a plus in my book. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The fan in my room (room 4) wasnt enough to keep me comfortable but staff quickly assisted with a portable.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo