See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Syailendra Vila with family and had same wonderful experience I had few years back. Place is great, in midst of paddy fields, away from busy town life but not too far. Clean place with antique/rustic feeling. Good sit out for relaxing or have a meal. Both Mira-san and her husband are great hosts.
Nothing to complain, just ensure that you have transportation to ferry around.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I stay here only for one night. The staff really friendly and nice. The place is homie and very private. But a bit far from central of ubud. The best things from here is actually the staff and the service. The place not really clean but still nice.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shinta Devi P
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

For the price we paid $450 for two nights unfortunately this was a major letdown, be careful the official photos make the villa appear bigger than what it is, although the antique furniture and beautiful Indonesian structured villa was indeed very ornate and beautiful the inside of the villa smelt very damp, dusty and old. The kitchen and bathroom area was quite dirty and they really could do with freshening up the place. The people were very friendly however there was no privacy at all so I found it difficult to relax, the staff entered our villa on a number of occasions to call us which I found strange, there is no phone so if you need something then you have to go to the reception area. The welcome drink was orange juice which they took from the fridge, there was just a real lack of quality and service here. I would recommend it if it was half the price and for those who would like to experience staying at an old Indonesian villa but it's not for those who want to totally chillax by the pool, my opinion is to look at the price and stay in a resort which is catered for those looking to relax and indulge.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Beautiful villa but needs a bit of maintaince.Long way from Ubud town centre.Most of the drivers in Ubud didn't know where the villa was so getting a lift home was interesting.Great place to relax and do nothing.The food prepared by the owners was very ordinary not much of a choice.Having a shower was painful we couldn't regulate the temperature so most of the time we had cold showers.The fridge in our villa was really noisy when we told a staff member about it we were told it wouldn't blow up.

Room tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa.It was big enough for 4 adults
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenda P
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had travelled to this place, last Week and it was amazing stay even just 2 days. You Can enjoy Traditional Balinese Food, with Traditional Balinese Dance. Overall My Stay here was Good with a Reasonable Price.

Room tip: Better Make Booking Before you arrive Bali..
Date of stay: May 2014