“Huge property, huge comfort, service & views...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Ensuite with a jungle valley view
Cocktail by the pool
Long lunch by the pool
Welcome fresh tropical flowers
The villa at dusk
Ensuite bathroom with flower bath
Welcome juice
Personal and friendly service
Complimentary daily afternoon tea by the pool
Main bathroom with flower bath
Tastefully furnished cozy lounge with views
Balinese feast cooked by villa chef
Upstairs bedroom and living with a view
Luxurious comfort
Sunrise across the valley
Hindu temple at the villa
Warm hospitality
Lounge area for relaxing and entertainments
Daily turn-down service
Secluded tropical home for a couple
Welcome to Shamballa Residence
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
gill455
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Huge property, huge comfort, service & views, huge value.”
Reviewed 19 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This place is so much bigger than the photos can show, we were actually a little overwhelmed when we first arrived, it's so huge, I can think of at least 8 different places where a person can sit and enjoy the villa and it's awesome views, sorry, make that 9, just remembered the view from the upstairs bathtub.

The owners have shown true vision, to identify an awesome location, to then built to the very highest standards, to gamble huge amounts of money into an already crowded market (most Ubud villas are cheaper, but always seem to have something missing), and most importantly, to invest hugely in local people, the staff are just amazing, with most having worked for this villa for many years, we know their level of English and service skills would not have even approached where it is today when they first started, so this was an investment in local people that has truly payed off, they are the star attraction of the whole package. (including taxi driver, who is as good as any guide I've ever used).

The charges for this villa are higher than we normally pay, but this was our honeymoon and 7 nights here was a fantastic end to a great honeymoon, I never thought I would say this, but the villa (& service) is actually exceptional value for money.

Very well done to everyone.

A good review should also include negatives, as everywhere has negatives, and we choose the villa we stay in based on the negatives we feel we can live with, but I can't think of any, if I was really pushed I'd say......Personally, I'd lose the 2 white decorative things at the edge of the pool, everything view we see from the villa is nature at it's best, just a pity those white things are also in most views, though I doubt most people would notice them, and they certainly wouldn't consider them a negative.

Of corse mosquitos are a slight problem, this is the tropics after all, but the staff do everything they can to reduce the problem, just make sure you use the sprays provided.

KylieF6
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful place to enjoy the true beauty of Bali”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in May 2016

Whenever you book something online, you wonder whether it will live up to your expectations. Well I am pleased to say that it exceeded my expectations.

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We had an amazing 3 nights here and will definitely return to this wonderful place.

The staff are amazing, friendly and caring. They can arrange anything you want and look after everything for you. I can't speak highly enough of their care and was definitely impressed.

We dined in-house every night and was served with such care and it was delicious.

The pool, the room, the whole villa was beautifully decorated and lacked for nothing.

Ubud shops are only a short car trip away!!

So do yourself a favour and stay here!!

Bogdan S
“Chill sweet-spot”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in May 2016

Shamballa Residence is a jewel! But what's more - the staff is wonderful! Gusti is a exceptional cook and Wayan a great driver and guide. Adi & A'They were perfect! We will never forget our stay there!

Your age range 25-34
Mrs H
“Absolutely amazing!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Oh my I don't even know where to start!! Shamballa residence went above and beyond our expectations!! The photos we saw online, as beautiful as they are, do not to it justice. From the minute we walked in we were amazed at the stunning jungle views! It's literally the only view of the villa, we felt as if we were in our own little world.

The villa itself is stunning. It's beautifully furnished and the attention to detail to its decorating have not gone unnoticed. The villa is massive with 2 baths, 2 showers, 3 toilets and two huge living areas. The bathrooms are amazing and the views incredible. The villa is all open living but is seclusive enough to not feel exposed.
The upstairs living area is the perfect area to enjoy a cup of tea or glass of wine whilst enjoying the stunning views. The villa is not air conditioned, which I thought may be a problem for my husband who usually struggles with the Bali heat, but it was a non issue due to a beautiful breeze from the valley and the ceiling fans.
The infinity pool is huge and we were very impressed that the villa had pool noodles!

Now as amazing as the villa and its views are, the staff were hands down even better. They were friendly, professional and nothing was ever a hassle. From running a flower bath after a massage, to lighting candles and mosquito coils at night time and running out to greet us with an umbrella upon our arrival back to the villa when it was raining. Even waking up at 3am to give us some croissants before we left to trek the volcano, they were amazing.

We had great plans to try out a few different restaurants during our time in Ubud, but the villas view was stunning, the service amazing and the food divine, we didn't feel it was necessary to leave! The villa menu is impressive and well priced. Even the breakfast was amazing. Easily the best breakfast we've had in Bali and the pastries were amazingly fresh. We almost tried everything on the menu and there is not one complaint, we enjoyed every meal.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Shamballa Residence and were sad to leave. This is the perfect place for a romantic getaway!

MinnieBuk...
“Live luxury in the jungle”
Reviewed 11 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights and it was beyond my expectations. The villa is open and airy so it feels like you are living amidst the wilderness. The service was great, its very clean and honestly we didn't want to leave the villa during our stay. It's a perfect place to relax and unwind.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$255
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing