de JAVA Hotel(Bandung)
US$45
US$83
US$75
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

Sensa Hotel(Bandung)
US$62
US$54
Priceline
US$33
US$25
Agoda.com
All reviewstropical gardenambassador loungeclassic roomgatot subrotoin room diningpremier roombreakfast buffettrans studio bandungswimming poolthe room was nicestar hotelrooms are spaciousbusiness triprain showerpleasant staythe check in processmeeting room
Reviewed 1 December 2011

A great smile during arrival that sincerely delivered by a doorman, very friendly and helpful staff and it made my stay feel like home. The room was very clean and the cleaner was very courteous and helpful, Swimming pool with a tremendous view of mountains, and various of food during breakfast in Pago Restaurant were really created a unique and unforgettable experiences. At first I was very doubtful to stay in this hotel since i always stay in a chain international 5 star hotel wherever i have a business trip but this experience really made me fall in love with The Papandayan Hotel. I will comeback to stay again for sure and highly will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Last time I stayed in The Papandayan was in 1999 in the Deluxe Room, it was an old property at that time but it had delicious food especially the pastries. Last week was my first time to stay at the hotel again - in Superior Suite - and I found lots of surprises on the refurbished facilities. The hotel had face lifts on exterior and interior with nice design and I found many good quality furnitures, chandeliers, panels and interior accessories. The delicious F&B was much better than the ones in 1999, I enjoyed dining in the cozy restaurant with many options of F&B with my favorite Indian food array, I thank Chef Didik & his team who cooked delicous food. The staff were very nice with Sundanese hospitality but I hope some of them who in charge for guest contact are supposed to be learning the international hospitality gesture, they are waiters in the restaurant & lift attendant but this is not an issue, I do not have any complaint to The Papandayan, but I will tell my clients and friends to visit and stay there. My suggestion to all guests who stay in The Papandayan, please remain in the hotel since you may enjoy all facilities, whilst in the weekend usually Bandung city is crowded with visitors. What we are looking for is an escape! Those who love to have gathering with inner circle friends, please arrange it in the hotel and you will enjoy a private and warm ambience, trust me!!

Room Tip: Suite Rooms in Executive Floors are best choice for those who desire a private ambience.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Papandayan has a very modern and comfortable renovation.
There has a big swimming pool and resonable rate for spa. There is a couple spa.
Hotel staffs are friendly, even the bellboys also can explain well to us where is the good shopping heaven in bandung.
There is lounge in lobby where you can enjoy salsa night every friday and the livesband is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed in the Papandayan for a week during business trip. The atmosphere and level of service in this hotel are exellent. My leaking aircon was solved within 30 minutes with a lot of "sorry sir" and I was offered an other room. Food and entertainment are high quality.

Annoying however was the noise that the service elevator engine radiates troughtout the whole structure of the building. On the 5th floor near to the elevators it is really disturbing. The lift runs day and night and really kept me awake. Time for some isolation buffering of the elevator engine maybe?

Room Tip: Dont choos the chambers on the top floor close to the elevaters due to the noisy service elevator
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 335FlyingDutchman_71
papandayan88, General Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your fair, accurate and most positive review. We really appreciate your feed back and after just reopening in April after a long renovation, the last item to be changed is our elevators. We are please to let you, all of our past and future guests know that by late December both elevators will be changed (as we are in the process of changing one now). Please let me know if and when you plan on returning to Bandung as I look forward to meeting you personally at gm@thepapandayan.com.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Your arrive in Bandung from a long journey and know that a point of relaxation is due. I cannot express how soothing my stay was at Papandayan, the moment I arrived the people and smiles were a greeting to remember. My checkin was without effort, my room was roomy, clean & the bed was a cloud for my dreams(comfortable). The room decor was very nice, modern an Indonesia touch with a future look.

Being a active person, the next day I decide to look around and try the hotel facilities. The pool to nowhere (infinity as it's called) was perfect, clean, relaxing along with great poolside service. The health fitness center has everything you need if your into a daily workout, but I chose the Spa and found the harmony and staff knowledgeable and on their game, getting my muscles & mind back in order.

I was quite taken by how the staff seem to be train to be specific to your needs both in the restaurants & general hotel needs from room service to housekeeping. While I could go on about a few other items, I must say that I am not one for Artwork in hotels...but Payandayan hotel has some excellent pieces, like a tasteful modern museum without the stuffy feel.

My complements to the General Manager & staff for this fine gem in the Indonesia world.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business