US$77
Priceline
US$33
US$25
Agoda.com
All reviewstropical gardenambassador loungeclassic roomgatot subrotoin room diningpremier roombreakfast buffettrans studio bandungswimming poolthe room was nicestar hotelrooms are spaciousbusiness triprain showerpleasant staythe check in processmeeting room
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Papandayan Hotel in Bandung for two nights and have to say this is one of the most awesome hotels in town! I went there for business but will return for pleasure. I thought everything was absolutely perfect. The room was excellent, the staff and service was fantastic and the food was supreme. My next staycation will be at the Papandayan. I congratulate management on a job welldone!! Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The hotel's highly attentive staff, central location and sumptuous style makes this property the hotel of choice among urbane travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I was stuck. I needed to find a decent place for a weekend trip to Bandung to relax from the grind and stress of Jakarta. I stumbled upon the Papandayan hotel online and had little time to research so I took a chance. Wow. What a wonderful find. From the time I emailed for a reservation, to arrival on a Saturday morning, the hotel took a proactive interest in making sure I would get there easily. They even arranged a pickup for me and my wife from the station. Although we were only there for a weekend, it felt wonderful to be pampered by the well trained English speaking staff from lobby to room to restaurant.
The room was spacious and super comfortable. We had a great weekend, mostly hanging out at the hotel and enjoying its facilities. They also took care of making sure we got to our Jakarta-bound transport on time Monday morning and gave us some take away goodies from the restaurant for the trip back. Wow again.
Can’t wait to go back to relaxing Bandung and staying again at this hotel. No need to look for any other place for us. Thanks Hotel Papandayan!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I am a Singaporean who travel extensively, I visit Jakarta at least once a month, last weekend was my first visit to Bandung. Bandung is known to have better air quality, interesting dutch architectural, hilly, tea plantations, factory outlets shopping, so I took a 2 hours drive to see something different. It was nice and refreshing, but what's really impeccable and make this trip even more memorable is checking in to The Papandayan Hotel. I receive personalize service from the moment I step out of the car after a long ride, to the bellboy who opens door, to the receptionists who smile genuinely and sincerely... that's how it was started. The room is spacious, well equipped and superbly cleaned. On my way back to Jakarta I start missing them already. Their personalized services, attentiveness to details, quality breakfast buffet spread, has it all. They carry both the quality product and excellent services tag all the time. They surely deserve to win more awards! This is one hotel I will return to each time I visit Bandung and I will not risk it with another hotel, no reason to. Some how the Papandayan hotel gives me the feel of the Mulia Hotel In Jakarta and yet not pricey. I wish there is a Papandayan hotel in Jakarta. To the management, owner and staff of the Papandayan hotel - super! very well done! keep up the good work!

Room Tip: All good because the property is built cleverly
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the lunar New Year for 3 nights. It was essentially a shopping trip as Bandung is famous for factory outlets selling mostly passable imitation branded apparels.
I was at the hotel early and was told no rooms were available but it would be after noon. The only request I made was for a room away fom the lifts . I completed the formalities and returned at 2 pm after lunch and shopping and there were still no rooms! After some scrambling they did give me a room next to the lift!
One of the 2 lobby lifts was being upgraded so waiting times when using it was inconveniently long.
Apart from this the room and hotel facilities were new well appointed and worthy of a five star hotel.
The other let down was when I arranged for a 5 pm wake up call it never came so I was late for an appointment . I feel many of the staff are not conversant in English.
The breakfast spread was reasonably large
but taste wise it was only average.
Staff were all friendly and tried hard to please. It was also high season so they must have fully booked.
The biggest downside is it's location which is south to the shopping areas like Jalan Riau, Jalan Dagon and Setiabudi. With Bandung's bad traffic and roads it would make more sense to stay in a hotel nearer these roads. The other attractions like restaurants ( Kampung Daun, Rasa Rajah, Sapu lidi) and attractions like Ciater, Takunban perahu are also the other side of town.

• Stayed: January 2012
papandayan88, General Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Yes, we were fully booked and apologize for your being placed next to the lift as well as being assigned your room late. We are actually changing our lifts right now and will have this noise corrected by Feb 15. If you should, find yourself returning to Bandung, please make your future reservation directly with me at gm@thepapandayan.com and I will be happy to ensure that you will be assigned a room on time and away from the lift. We will also be happy to extend additional courtesies for the inconveniences we caused such as an accommodation upgrade. We will also be happy to provide you with a complimentary shuttle service to the shopping outlets nearby the hotel which you were not able to discover. Additionally, we are actually currently the closest hotel to Bandung's newest visitor attraction - the Bandung SuperMall and Trans Studio Adventure Park 5 - 10 minutes away. Thank you again and we appreciate your comments