All reviews suite room nice hotel coffee table parking area sleep quality small parking lot breakfast was delicious breakfast spread valet service modern design comfy bed air con main road welcome drink chicken porridge city view star hotel
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Room is spacious with all glass window. The check in process was fast and room was clean. The bathroom was a bit stinky though, as if the damp never went out of the place. Breakfast was ok with chicken porridge, soup, juices (typical 3-stars). Will i stay there again? Maybe, if i have no other option. Bandung has so many hotels that i don’t need to repeat my stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelCaliforniaBdg, Manajer Umum at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Warmest regards from Hotel California Bandung

First of all, thank you for your time to review and recommend Hotel California Bandung during your stay. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed the place, the service, and the staff.
We apologize for your inconvenience regarding the slightly smelly bathroom.
We hope you will come back again and give us another chance to make your stay a pleasant experience

With respect,

Reviewed 2 February 2018

First time staying in this hotel after read various good review about this hotel. Finally I got the nice experience staying in this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The check-in and check out was easy. The room is clean and facing the Pasupati flyover. Nice. The sleep quality was very good, although the hotel seemed to be quite busy with visitors. The wifi worked well. The breakfast area is small, and the menus are limited; but the hotel can manage the taste of the food well. Will be staying again in this hotel? Yes.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
HotelCaliforniaBdg, Manajer Umum at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Mr/Mrs L S

Warmest greeting from Hotel California Bandung

General Manage

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel California is build on the ground where I was born in 1951. My Dad had a tailor factory with the name SAMPOERNA. After 52 years I came back and I saw a very big and nice hotel California. I booked a Grand Suite room from 26 Dec u/i 31Dec 2017. With a nice vieuw.

The hotel was clean with a modern design. The staff was wel educated and very polite. Especially for Yvonne, Daesy, Bellboys and don't firgot the nice security lady many thanks.

Fore sure I had some minus pointers:
1. I ordered chicken soto but I got chicken clear soup with sliced vegetables. I miss the taste as lemon grass, galangal and ginger as the basic recipe for soto ayam.
2. For a Grand Suite missing handtowels and facetowels. I bought it myself in the mall.
3. More Sundanees dishes like karedok oncom tahu campur and upgrade the authentic Indonesian kitchen. That's why we come to Indonesia for the food.

All with all it's a great Hotel and I recommend everyone to stay in Hotel California Bandung. Room price is goed. Breakfast is good with lot of choices. Especially the homemade coffee.

Once again thank you for staying in Hotel California Bandung. My appreciation is TOPPIEEEEE.
I will be back in October 2018.

With warm regards from Holland.

Hanri Vaasen

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
HotelCaliforniaBdg, General Manager at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Mr, Kusuma51

Warmest greeting from Hotel California Bandung

First of all, thank you for your time to review and recommend Hotel California Bandung during your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the place, service, and staff. It makes me proud to read that all of our staff consistently very available to you throughout your stay.
We are appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention and make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a night, i enjoyed the most of the stay.
First we entered the door, staff approached me and ask what can she do for me. I said i need to do check in, and she showed me the reception and told to her friend that i need to do checking in.
The staff asked my name and help me with quick check in, not much thing was asked. Only my id, my phone number and my signature.
While i do check in, the first staff asked if i want to take my welcome drink, bajigur. That was a traditional drink for cold weather.
After my husband enjoyed the drink, i am preparing to go to my room, i got help by the bellman. He droped the bags very quick.
Welcoming was very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the parking space are available.
The room is big and the view was to front or i can see main road at my window.
The weathet was wet that night, i felt very cold in the room but it was alright, i just need to turn off the ac.
We felt earthquack at midnight when i fell sleep, but i could feel very clear that was earthquack. But i felt safe inside the room, i am not going to downstair when the earthquack was done.
The breakfast have variant menu. Such as fried rice, meatballs, vegetables fried, eggs, bread, salad and fruits, cereals, coffee and tea. And the taste of the food was good. My husband happy with the food, very traditional taste since he was traditional man.
Overall, i felt satisfy with the hotel. The facility, staffs, food, everything.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N4ra
HotelCaliforniaBdg, Manajer Umum at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Mrs. N4ra

Warm greeting from Hotel California Bandung

Thank you for the positive review. Happy to learn that our facility, staffs and food made your day an enjoyable one.
Thank you again for your constructive comment and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Best Regard,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed here for a night with friends by booking from Agoda.
This hotel located in strategic location, in Wastu kencana area, not really crowded but easy to access the city.

The room was spacious, even bigger than we expected, we book the suite room with additional extra bed and it still feel so wide, maybe because we get the room on the corner.

All the staff was so kind, polite and helpful.

Overall, We enjoyed staying in this hotel. Very recommended.

Room Tip: Choose the high floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
HotelCaliforniaBdg, Manajer Umum at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Mrs Asriniruth

Greeting from Hotel California Bandung

We very much value your comment on your recent stay with us and sharing it on TripAdvisor. It was a real pleasure to greet you and your friend, and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your friend again on your next visit to Bandung, please feel free to contact us directly.