“Good food but..”

Ranked #1 of 416 Restaurants in Batam
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A famous first chain Italian restaurant in Batam Island that captures the essence and traditional flavors of Italy. Featuring both indoor and outdoor al fresco intimate dining, Bella Italia offers Italian food lovers and gourmets the ultimate high-end casual dining experience in a classy yet unpretentious setting. The Chef which is famous for it’s traditional spicy flat pasta kneaded in chili. Here at Bella Italia, The Chef recreates the same hearty Italian flavors and handmade pasta as part of Bella Italia's extensive menu and really authentic wood oven Pizza's. Would you be planning a corporate event, a private function or a birthday party, you will be happy to know that our venues, Bella Italia Ristorante Italiano and our catering Tj Commercial overlook a charming enclave of Harbour Bay citywalk that exhudes the feeling of an Italian pizza and can provide the perfect backdrop to your event. Our team will be delighted to work out along with you a proposal tailored to your needs
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We are the first to arrive for dinner on that day. Service need a lot of improvement. Slow service. The worst part is I overheard one of the male staff labelling a customer base on his/her appearance in "bahasa indonesia". That is bad. They might think we dont understand their language but i do. Well, food was good especially the pizza. Price was ok. But I might have to consider coming back again due to the unpleasant experience.

pupibatam, Owner at Bella Italia Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear NH
Our sincere apology for the ' bad ' experience you had with us.
Necessary measures and actions were taken to make sure they behavior.
Thanking you for the feed back.
Cheers
Management and Team

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Tried to order 2 dumpling pasta with lobster and cheese(no. 53) but waiter misunderstood as the broccoli rissoto (number 52). for some reason while trying to correct him and pointing to number 53 numerous times, he kept ignoring us and repeating and insist on 52. We tried to correct him On a final note that we want 53 without the cheese. He said okay. In the end When we received our food it was number 52, the broccoli rissoto. When we told them the order was wrong he said it was our fault and that we ordered 52. They Did not offer to change the order or take back the food and we were expected to pay for them.

Dear Joeys945
Your feed back and comment appreciated
Action had been taken and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you for patronizing our Ristorante
Cheers
Management and Team

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We came here in a group of 4 after hearing rave reviews from a friend. We had four cheese, truffle and squid ink pizzas, Arrabbiata pasta, squid ink risotto, mushroom soup and chocolate lava cake for dessert. The food was amazing! I can't name a favourite dish because they are all good. I did not expect to find a pizza place with a traditional wood fired brick oven in batam!! The portions were generous, servers were polite and attentive. We've enjoyed our dinner tremendously. I can see why it's the #1 restaurant on trip advisor. I'll definitely come back again if I ever visit Batam again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I went with a few friends and first impressions were that the staff were very helpful. We ordered anti pasta and brusheta for the appetiser which was very good apart from no parma ham, obviously. It did ruin a great starter. Main courses were steak, penne pesto and salmon. The salmon was so overcooked it was difficult to eat. I complained and was offered a new dish but declined due to time restraints. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and next time I will try the pizza which is cooked in a wood fire oven.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The choices of pizza is different compared to Pizza Hut. The place is quite empty during dinner time, I'm not sure during lunch time.