Lowest prices for your stay
RM 212
Melbourne, Australia

Pool overdosed with chlorine

Review of Aryaduta Medan
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Sept 2023via mobile
Pooly maintained pool, water quality in the pool is poor with dangerously high levels of chlorine, the water looks milky or cloudy and after swimming it it for 45minutes a layer of skin pealed of my hand and a little on my face, the skin on my face felt very tight and extremely dry! I also spoke to the reception about my concerns but they weren’t interested in listening and just lied about the condition of the water!
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: It’s a nice looking pool but it’s not maintained properly and they overdose the water with...
Trip type: Travelled solo
Marcom Aryaduta Medan, Sales at Aryaduta Medan, responded to this review
Responded 3 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Warm greetings from Aryaduta Medan!

Thank you for choosing Aryaduta Medan as your preferred accommodation and taking your valuable time to review us. Regarding your feedback on the pool water, we do a test on the chlorine level twice daily to ensure that it is on a safe and tolerable level and our records thus far show that it is still on a tolerable level. We are truly sorry to hear about what happened after you swam for 45 minutes and really appreciate that you have highlighted this issue to us. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the respective Department Head for further review and improvement.

Once again, our sincere apology for this inconvenience and should we be given the opportunity, we will try our best to make it up to you on your next visit to Aryaduta Medan.

Yours sincerely,

RM 92
2.2 km from Aryaduta Medan
View more hotels in Medan
1,007 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2023

The staff were very polite but the hotel is more like 2 star...badly maintained, pillows smell and on Saturday morning at 9 am they started drilling and knocking. Spoiled my whole experience and what lil I liked about this hotel. Just looking at the GM generic replies to all the review shows he is a local 2 start GM . Sad reality...Change the GM and get a proper management company to manage this hotel..such a shame, and please change the Executive Chef as well , food is rubbish .!!!

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aryaduta Medan, Sales at Aryaduta Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2023

Dear Mel R.,

Warmest Greetings from Aryaduta Medan!

We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very polite and truly sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had while staying at Aryaduta Medan. Your feedback about the unpleasant smell of the pillows has been shared with the Department concerned and measures will be taken to prevent such a thing from happening in the future again.

Regarding your comment about the food, if you don’t mind, could you tell us what you don’t like about it, so we will know where to start from to rectify it. Kindly drop us an email through Maria - Marketing Communication Manager at: marcom.ame@aryaduta.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.

Once again, our sincere apology for the inconvenience and should we be given the opportunity, we will try our best to make it up to you on your next visit to Aryaduta Medan.

Reviewed 6 September 2023

the good
- the few hotels have balcony
- the lobby have coffee shop in G ground.
- parking lots huge

The bad
-hotel breakfast not for me, few selection, just book for the room.
- very loud in afternoon if in pool floor

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mr/ Ms Alvin Kensington,

Warmest Greetings from Aryaduta Medan!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our hotel especially hotel view and ambience, there is no better rewards than to know that our guests appreciated our hard work and I am glad to share your kind words and appreciations with all the team members.

We do apologize if we have not met your expectations, regarding breakfast item, this matter already shared to respected department head for further review and improvement. Regarding the noisy pool, we’d be happy to offer another rooms with city or river view which might be more quite and pleasant for you, don’t hesitate to ask suggest from our reservation team regarding this matter for your next visiting.

Should there be anything further that we can do regarding this matter, please don't hesitate to drop us an email through Maria - Marketing Communication Manager at: marcom.ame@aryaduta.com and she would be happy to help you.

Once again, our sincere apology for the inconvenience and we understand that we would not be able to change the experience you have had, however should we be given the opportunity, we will try our best to make it up to you on your next visit to Aryaduta Medan.

Reviewed 6 September 2023

Stayed at this property for my business trip. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. But i have to say the room itself was tired and urgently needed a facelift. The bathroom was dirty and the towel had a bad smell to it. However, for the rate that they were offering i thought the price was reasonable. Avoid this place if you would like to splurge yourself or your family.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Aryaduta Medan!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our hotel especially staffs’ hospitality, there is no better rewards than to know that our guests appreciated our hard work and I am glad to share your kind words and appreciations with all the team members.

Regarding dirty bathroom and bad smell of towel, we do apologize for this inconvenience. We should be more pay attention on room and amenities cleanliness. This matter already shared to respected department head for further review and improvement. Room and hotel renovation are currently on our project list, thank you for highlighting this issue.

Reviewed 26 August 2023

I reserved one room for my birthday staycation. Their sales staff Mr. Loris set the best stay experience up for me with a room with the best view. Their excellent service was also showed by Mr. Rozi when checking me in then he as well as another staffs also set a little birthday surprise for me which is very memorable and superb. The breakfast was very tasty and the best ones is the great view when I enjoying my meals. The swimming pool was also great and their hospitality presentation was also great showed by Ms. Glennice when I did check out. Honestly I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family to have stay and I’m really sure that I’m gonna stay in this hotel again in near future.

Room tip: If you like the serenity choose the pool view room but the city view room is also great.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Aryaduta Medan, Sales at Aryaduta Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2024

Dear Mr Tamagty,

Warmest Greetings from Aryaduta Medan!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and high ratings. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your birthday surprise and enjoy staying at Aryaduta Medan. There is no better rewards than to know that our guests appreciated our hard work and I am glad to share your kind words and appreciations with all the team members.

Once again, on behalf of the entire hotel team, I would like to thank you for your recent stay and positive feed back. We look forward to welcoming you back to Aryaduta Medan in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2023 via mobile

I stayed 4d 3n. Here's my honest opinion on the hotel. It's a 5star hotel with 2star service. Still long way to go before reaching 5star service.
(-):
1. I booked this hotel because I thought the hotel is connected to a mall, as shown in the pictures. Unfortunately the mall has been closed down before pandemic. Hotel should update this info. It's not walking distance to many malls.
2. Checked into my room on 28/6. Air-conditioning not working, emitting hot air. Hand bidet extremely low pressure like not functioning. Changed a new room sane day. The management should check their rooms condition before selling them.
3. Paid 140k for their buffet breakfast. Main dish not many choices. Chicken was hard, fried rice was tasteless and hard too. That's not the worse yet. As I was topping up my food, I came back to my table and my table was occupied by a man and his son. One of the waitress cleaned my table without asking me first, when my food and drinks are still on my table. And the waitress is not doing anything. Not even an apology! What service is this? Why is the management so impatient and keep chasing customer away? Not only that, two of the staff, one man wearing blazer and tie and another waitress, took one of the chairs away for another diner without asking. Why need to grab the chair from my table when there are so many empty chairs/tables without diners? Are they not being given training on this?????
Write to the management but seems they are not interested in complaint or feedbacks.
3photos:
a) showing there are many empty tables and chairs
b) the two staff insisted to grab the chair from my table without prior approval
c) my meals are in the table when there man and his son took over my table and the waitress was removing my food when I approached her.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Aryaduta Medan, Sales at Aryaduta Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2023

Dear Olisolo,

Warmest Greetings from Aryaduta Medan!

Regarding the inconvenient circumstances that you have encountered, please accept our sincerest apology. We would like to inform you that the hotel and mall are managed by different managements, as the Aryaduta Medan is managed by Aryaduta Hotels Group.

Thank you for highlighting the issues at the room and restaurant to us and rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the respective Department Head for further review and improvement.

Sincerely yours,