Hotels.com
Lol.travel
Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Firstly they provide airport transfer (40K IDR/pax). That save you a lot of hassle to find taxi/other transport to hotel.
Rooms acceptable for 2-3 nites, good breakfast for what you pay (inclusive).
My flight back was at 5.00am, the staff was very kind to serve us coffee and toast at 2.45am before leaving to airport. At 3.05am the van was there to send us off.
Location - walking distant to Sun Plaza, Merdeka Walk, Pajak Ikan and Centre Point Shopping Complex.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank mnasiruddin
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

It was our first stop Indonesia , I let my friend find a place.

It was okay, nothing special. It wasn't near any of the tourist site but was a short distance to the shopping plaza.

We ended up staying there for two night since I wasn't feeling too well.

The room has ac and a tv with limited channels.

The walls were stained and weared down. But it's ok.

Dont expect luxury for the price your paying.

Free pick up from the airport was included which was nice since you get bombarded with taxi drivers the minute you step out.

Free breakfast. And there is a free water dispenser in each floor which was great. We got free water bottle in our room for both days.

No windows looking out but just looks into the corridor.

There is the smell of smoke with guest smoking but not too strong in the room. And I'm sensitive to smoke smell.

All in all a ok hotel. Would I stay there if I come back? Not sure might want a place nearer to the sites.

Date of stay: June 2013
4  Thank peacefulblossom
Reviewed 4 May 2012

As others have said, this place is acceptable enough for one night. It's on a busy street, but the rooms are blocked off from the noise (don't think we even heard the early morning call to prayer from the nearby mosque), and the room was clean.

But the staff wasn't very friendly or helpful when we tried to find out what restaurants, shops, etc., might be nearby, and the hotel wasn't located near any special places mentioned in our Lonely Planet guidebook. They also not very reliable in booking our early morning taxi in order to catch an early flight.

It was a much better value room for only one night, especially compared to a cheaper hotel that we stayed at on our first time passing through Medan. But that said, I doubt we would stay at this place again either.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank zengirl_10
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Can't complain cos it's cheap... I suggest you spring a little extra for the massionette room though. It feels less cramped the the standard room. It has a downstairs living room and an upstairs bedroom which has two beds. Can fit 3 to 4 people. And don't be fooled by the lovely photos they have on the website... They found a REALLY good camera-person...

The problem with this hotel is that they don't have non-smoking rooms... So all the rooms have this faint whiff of cigarette smoke. Horrible. But luckily it wasn't really at carcinogenic levels, and there's a ventilator fan thingy that we left on the whole time we were there.

The buffet breakfast was not bad, considering how cheap it is.. There was this fantastic chicken porridge with yau char guai. And they had some nice Indonesian kuih. And the usual coffee, tea stuff.

I liked that they had internet available. Well, it was only one computer in a room near the reception.. But i could check mail and Facebook, so good enough for me! Oh, and it was free, so no complaints!

Room tip: Maisonette room, the one right in front (cos that one has a window with ACTUAL sunlight...)
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank melex_my
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I dun expect much as rate is reasonable to me.I prefer staying here compare to Citiinn Sun Yat Sen .You can try walking to nearby shopping area and places of attraction.
On security ,perhaps they should ensure that those damaged security hook on the door to be replaced.
Dun forget to close the verandah fully if you are staying along the corridors.
Impressed that they have pick up service from and to airport and free breakfast too.
Its safer to enjoy free pick up from hotel or by taxi esp. if are going to the Polonia airport instead of using Bechaks as my experience tells me that those bechaks use to drop me near the airport instead of at the airport,perhaps allowing their friends a chance to give me a ride by motorcycle and charge me again or that they are not allowed at the airport.
But...Bechak has nothing to do with this hotel.
Just that it is convenient and can be easily found outside Citiinn if you are travelling around the cities .Suitable for budget traveller though there are cheaper one.
I like Citiinn.