Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Go to your Happy Price
Srdjan M
Unforgettable experience
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Feb 2024
I had absolute pleasure to visit JW Marriott in Medan last week. I was staying for the few nights and from the first moment I stepped in the hotel, they greeted me with a smile and warm welcome from the entrance.
Hotel is more than amazing and offers many facilities. Beautifully arranged and decorated, specious lobby with many details gives you a sense of comfort and luxury. Addition to that, amazing restaurants and bar at the ground floor, gym is big and very well equipped, available 24 hours (which was solution for my jet leg), outside is infinity swimming pool, nice spa center where I had great massage by Lindsey (I apologize if I got the name wrong).

I would like to express my gratitude to the staff, the front liners of this hotel. Hotel does provide amazing facilities and comfort but without people, staff who made this experience better than any other, without them hotels are just a beautiful buildings. The biggest treasure of the hospitality business are employees, people who work hard to make my and anyone’s stay memorable. I would like to thank every each one of them for making my experience amazing, and as I mentioned earlier, memorable. Thank to people who were opening doors for me, taking care of my suitcase, front office staff for efficient check in and assistance with all my needs, gym and spa receptionists and PTs, spa masseuse, housekeeping staff, F&B staff who were greeting me, bringing me coffee, juices special prepared for me (amazingly thoughtful from you guys), lady who made my favorite omelette every morning, chefs, Mr. Dotor who was ensuring that everything is just the way I like, thanks to Clara, Adji and everyone from F&B department. My apologies that I didn’t get all of your names, you all were more than nice to me. I promise on my next visit, I’ll write down all your names.

My recommendation to visit JW Marriott in Medan, you will be more than amazed and happy with your stay. For me, I hope I will have a chance to visit this place again but until then, big thank you for everything.

Srdan
Restaurant
Agoda.com
RM 98
RM 96
No fees just great deals
    RM 98
  • ZenHotels.com
1.4 km from JW Marriott Hotel Medan
View more hotels in Medan
1,409 results
All reviews the executive lounge f b swimming pool front office shopping mall city gym security concierge foods ms improvement
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2024

The arrival experience is very good with helpful staff to help with the luggage and fast check in with excellent member recognition by the front dest staff

The room size itself is quite large but the design is already quite old by today standard and many part in the bathroom already have some problem like shower water that are not heated properly and water leaking from the shower. But the bed is comfortable and big enough.

The best thing from this hotel is the breakfast experience with very large choice of buffet and also the seating area is big so it is easy to find seat during the breakfast

Overall it is a decent hotel to choose in Medan.

Room tip: The breakfast is excellent
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2024

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a business trip. Must express that the staff could not have been better or more helpful. They are however operating in a hotel that is past it's prime and badly in need of a revamp. I think the JW Marriott is suffering from a lack of good competition and resting on its laurels somewhat. The service is spectacularly good but the hardware is in need of an overhaul. The first room I was in had noisy air conditioning which I reported immediately and was apparently attended to. The fix lasted until the following morning when the problem recurred. I was moved room (to a same level room) which did not have the same issue. Should be checked and resolved however before a guest checks in. Rooms are massive and well appointed if old. For example the desk chair had seen better days and the style was dated from 20 years ago. The lounge is massive and has significant potential with great views of the City but again very very old fashioned. To balance the hardware staff were fantastic. Personalised service, use of name. I wanted to move tables at breakfast to somewhere with a bit cooler and they moved me into a private room. Really they do their utmost to ensure their customers are satisfied. Location is perfect right opposite a brand new mall too. Would I stay here again? Yes for sure because of the location and the staff.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2023

A 5 star hotel in a city sorely lacking for other great accomodations. While the rooms may seem a tad dated, the comfort and service is outstanding here. I wanted for nothing. The bars and restaurants are top notch and reasonably priced for someone from the west. In the heart of the city. I really enjoyed the property, and the outstanding buffet and the quality drinks that can be had.

Room tip: Executive lounge is nice, and comes with the buffet breakfast downstairs included, so I think it's a definite upsell in this property.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2023 via mobile

We have been staying in this hotel whenever we visited Medan. Met Ilhan twice. During the morning breakfast he has been very helpful and provided good service. Agus who helped to check in has given us upgrade to big room at high floor. Will be back soon.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2023

This is a big hotel located in the city center very close to a big shopping mall with lots of shops and eateries. We stayed in a large corner room which was spotless clean. The pool area is a bit dull with old furniture. The breakfast was very good with lots of choises. The best part of the hotel is the staff, so kind and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2023