Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Amy W
Luxor, Egypt

Great hotel with good location and friendly staff.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jul 2015via mobile
We stayed at the Tiara Medan Hotel for two nights on our first trip to Medan. The staff are very friendly and helpful and speak good English.
The location is good, short walking distance for shopping and eating and the sights aren't too far either.
Room was clean and well kept though we did have a leaky shower/bathtub.
Great buffet breakfast with a variety of dishes to suit all tastes.
Only negative would be the very slow wifi and the fact it times out and you have to login over and over. Being that we were trying to plan and book the rest of our travels through Sumatra during our stay here, it proved very frustrating.
Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RM 170
Pool
RM 154
RM 108
Fully refundable
No fees just great deals
  • Trip.com
    RM 121
    RM 125
1.9 km from Tiara Medan Hotel & Convention Center
View more hotels in Medan
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

this hotel was old in this city, but this is the best hotel i think.
the service was perfect and really enjoy to stay again with this hotel, stay good and always ve the best hotel in medan,room is good and very clean

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 5D4N for some jobs. It is actually one of the best hotels in Medan. However its building has also been too old. Renovations were taking place during my stay. What I like about the service is eventhough the management knows that I stayed alone but all the facilities they provided were always for two, imcluding the bfast coupon. It is nice so I could always asked my colleagues to have the bfast while doing the business. In some other hotels, sometimes they are just too tricky about this.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Just another big hotel in the City of Medan .. The hotel has plenty of space but didn't utilised it to make the hotel more lively ... Hope the will make the hotel better, fit it with new modern furniture .. 6/10.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Fauzi I
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

Clean and Nice room and smell good. Comfortable bed with clean bedsheets. Good furniture but look very old and need replacement. Bathroom very good in toiletries set, but look very and need replacement. Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious buffet breakfast.

Very near to Masjid Agung until you can hear they recite AlQuran before each Azan prayer. Near to Sogo and Sun's Plaza, where you can buy Salak Fruit at price of IDR 15000 per KG, but in berastagi they sell IDR 20000 per KG.

For internet and phone call, get telkomsel simcard at price of IDR 70000 for 4gb data and IDR 5000 credit, I don't think you can buy this simcard around, I get mind once I landed at Kualanamu Airport.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Tiara Hotel Convention Center is a classic senior hotel in Medan, North Sumatra. It has been there since I was in highschool..The hotel has changed managements several times and still working out to get its attached apartment ready since longtime overdue.

I love the room, very convenient and fantastic Indonesian buffet breakfast :) The staff is very friendly and helpful. With the age of the hotel, once you enter the lobby you can literally "smell" the "antique" environment. If I may suggest it is the time for the hotel to change the lobby colors and decorations. Live Music several night in the lobby, only I could not stand the smoke so hardly enjoy it. It has pool, sauna and gym.

The location is good, within the exclusive area of Medan and walking distance to Sun Plaza. Whenever I come to Medan, and with my sister and her daughters, I choose Tiara. I am familiar with it. It used to have night activities but I think they are temporary out of service.

Room tip: Recommended for the Executive Room non smoking
Date of stay: December 2014