“Terrible experience and bed bugs everywhere !!!”
Review of Snapper Bungalows

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Snapper Bungalows
Ranked #486 of 768 Speciality Lodging in Lombok
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3night and was the most terrible experience i've ever had.
After the first night there i woke up and thought i had really bad mosquito bites only to find out later that it was actually bed bugs. The hotel manager suggested to move to a different room, charging me double price of what i was already paying, only to find out later that there were bed bugs also in the 2nd room.
I had to wash all my clothes and the staff at the hotel try to rip me off charging me an enormous amount of money for a basket of washing so decided in the afternoon to change hotel but they still charge me for the night I haven't spend there.
I won't recommend to anybody to stay here as these people need to take responsibility for the filthy condition of their beds and the hygiene condition and the mental and physical stress that they caused me, also to add the big amount of money I had to spend on medication, injection, blood tests...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aurora g

Reviewed 28 March 2011

1) Bedbugs on both the beds in the room. We thought we were itchy from the salt water shower and only realized after 4 nights that the beds were crawling with bugs.
2) Dirty sheets, not changed from previous guests. Thought they just had stains on them, but turned out they were fresh stains from the bedbugs. Horrible, disgusting.
3) Dirty room, never cleaned. Dirty bathroom and floor.
4) Staff that goes through your bags. Our next door neighbor said the staff had gone through his whole pack. We didn't notice anything missing, but we didn't leave anything of value.
5) Staff that lies about the price they told you when you took the room. We were told "not to tell" anybody that we were only paying 150,000 (fan room). Well, when we were checking out, they tried to charge us 200,000 and even phoned Nora, the employee that told us the discount price, who LIED to her boss and to us. Why would she have told us not to tell our neighbors if we were paying the same price they were??

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank riff_raffer
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I stayed here in July 2010 while doing a dive course on the island. I had one of the air-con rooms, and the room was nice, clean, comfortable, etc. However two days into my stay I woke up covered with bedbug bites. The seemed to have gotten rid of them when I complained about it, however stay here at your own risk...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank nschwizz
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We enquired about a vacancy at The beach House but they were full and recommended another property owned by themselves 'Snapper Bungalows'.

We booked through The Beach House website which also has a separate Snapper Bungalows page. The photographs of the Snapper Bungalows looked lovely, showing a spacious room with double bed, that looked clean, bright and well maintained.

However, when we arrived on Gili T we were shown to bungalow 1, a tiny, dismal, filthy looking twin room with a shoddy lean to bathroom that had dead cockroaches in it and also looked filthy!

The bathroom roof appeared to be made of asbestos sheets and had holes in it which made the whole room feel very unsecure as anyone could climb in from outside.

When we enquired about a safety deposit facility and were told that there wasn't one. A staff member suggested that we put our valuables in a drawer! Firstly, our money, passports etc would not be safe in a drawer, Secondly, as there was no furniture other than the two beds, which drawer did he mean?

The Snapper Bungalows have five rooms in total, 3 fan rooms and 2 air conditioned. Two of the five rooms (numbers 4 & 5) looked new and very nice, obviously the ones in the photos. The other three look very old and worn and are greatly misrepresented by the website .

We had booked 9 nights but did not even want to stay one night there so, in line with the cancellation policy as agreed at time of booking, we paid for one night (300 000 Rp) and left.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple