“Perfect place to immerse yourself in Akko”
Review of Akkotel

and 1 more site!
Akkotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Acre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Built right in part of the old city walls, with a roof terrace overlooking the town and the sea this could not be better, short of staying in the Knights Citadel itself.

The staff was lovely. The room was clean, and comfortable although not luxurious, and the breakfast was acceptable. Despite being in the old town our room was quiet and peaceful.

We'd absolutely stay here again. It was charming, friendly, and a perfect Akko experience,

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Akkotel for two nights in April 2017 - my fifth stay in seven years! I was a solo traveler to Akko in 2010 and 2011 - then returned in 2012 with a friend, then in 2014 with my husband, and once more this past April with another friend. I can't say enough about this lovely boutique hotel. Superbly located in a beautiful historic building (originally a Turkish customs-house) built into the walls of Old Akko, quiet and clean with well well-appointed and beautifully decorated rooms, as well as being an excellent value. Hotel staff are warm and friendly, and the breakfast buffet is always delicious!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The charming Akkotel entrance was once the single gate entrance to the town and the reception area dining room complex was a stable for horses so expect the history to ooze out of the stones and gracefully vaulted ceilings of the boutique hotel built into the walls of the city. .

The room was clean if a bit noisy because of the hotel's central location but it became part of the atmosphere and not so much as to disturb one's rest and relaxation. Our room was rather small and we didn't have much of a view so it felt a little claustrophobic remedied by the option of going up to the rooftop for the sweeping panorama of sea, port, mosque and church squire. Charming. The breakfast was adequate and nicely laid out but nothing special. But since one doesn't spend much time in the hotel and there is so much fantastic street food to be had, it wasn't such an issue.

The staff especially Nabil were helpful, patient and resourceful when helping us to observe the Sabbath guiding us to the phenomenal Tunisian community synagogue for services, only a short walk away and letting us hang around the hotel until sunset when we rode off very pleased with our discovery of the delights awaiting visitors to Akko.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were just wondering around Israel on vacation and if you asked me how did we ended up in this hotel, ask Waze because I don’t know. But I am very thankful that we did, what a great place!!

The hotel is basically part of the wall of the old city and has a charm that I have rarely seen before, like staying in a castle! Is a small hotel, what you would call boutique. They have kept the past alive and well!

The maintenance is amazing, the furniture and decor is classic and elegant. Even though is an old building you have all you might need including TV, great WiFi and modern bathrooms.

The location is ideal to roam the old city at leisure and the staff will help you find the best restaurants and shops. They even have parking.

I am definitely going back and I recommend the place for your stay in Acre!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great time. Perfect location in the midlle of Acre. Beautiful hotel and beautiful rooms. On the roof you have a terace with great views of Acre. Nice and helpful staf. Good breakfast. Nothing bad to say.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acre
0.4 km away
10 km away
Madison Hotel Nahariya
Madison Hotel Nahariya
#4 of 7 in Nahariya

Been to Akkotel? Share your experiences!