“Dinner with friends”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #5 of 758 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Ha a great dinner with friends at Grappa 72. I had their fish dish of the day, grouper pan sauteed. Everything was great. Great atmosphere. Perfect spot for a dinner with friends or a romantic dinner with a loved one.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Great food and service. Found on Trip Advisor the night before a flight out of Albany on my birthday. Unfortunate we don't go through here very often. We'll be back if we can. The other reviews are spot on.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I have had lunch there several times and it is consistently good. The dinging area is upscale and perfect for conversation and to have a great meal. The service is always friendly, professional, and efficient.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

My family celebrated our Grandmother's 90th birthday here yesterday. There were 10 of us, including two children, and we were seated in the wine alcove. The restaurant was really accommodating; I brought in a custom cake and had two small flower vases delivered for the table. The service was really good from all staff, but our main server, Amanda, really ensured the whole evening went smoothly from the Prosecco toast at the start to the cake service,

I had never eaten here before and was impressed with the food and wine menu. We had the bruschetta, caprese salad, calamari and grilled shrimp to start and all were a hit across the table. I had the Risotto Capesante which was excellent and I got to taste my cousin's Osso Bucco which was really tender. Others had the Chicken Parm, Vongole, Risotto Fungi, Duck and Veal 72; all were well received with rave reviews.

I would eat here again, and certainly recommend it for your next group celebration.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We've been to this restaurant before and keep coming back too. The quality of the food is excellent and the service always first rate. On this occasion we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We enjoyed eating in the main dinning room and listening to the live music coming from the bar area. This reminded us of places we've eating in Paris and New Orleans. It is so nice to hear live music too. The musicians were great. Our service listed on our check as Russo K was wonderful. She was very good at explaining the specials and providing great table service. You know we'll be back for dinner soon.